child support question

Not open for further replies.


New Member
My Husband is going to court to modifiy his childsupport (FL.) and I had a few questions.
*Will his disability check be counted as income? He recives a retirement check and his ex gets 40% of that and the support.
*She is requesting that he pay 1/2 of college for all 3 children untill graduation or age 23.What is the probability that it will be granted?One child is 19 and the other 2 are 13.
1. Yes. If he's on SSI that can't be garnished; SSDI can be garnished however.

2. Nobody can guess. On such a limited income, I do not believe it's likely to be ordered. However, judges sometimes do Very Odd Things.

What is the basis of HIS request to modify?

Did he only recently get disability?
Not open for further replies.