Child Support International


New Member
My original child support Judgement came from California. I am now in Canada and have a court order saying child support is the Jurisdiction of Canada. My ex spouse and I attended and both of us consented to arbitration in Canada but the Arbitrator only gave a provisional order, saying that is the only way that the USA will accept an order. Does California only take Provisional orders to adjust child support? I am registered with Child support services in California. Do they have the authority to confirm and make this a final order? I'm not sure if I should accept this provisional award or try to make it a final award in Canada before sending it to the USA.