Child Support Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellestad

My ex-husband is no longer paying me child support for our 2 children. The court ordered him to pay 1100 a month for support and alimony, plus 180 for his half of my student loan payments. We live in WI but he got them to not take it out of his check. Over the past two years we have agreed between us to lower it numerous times to now being at 300 a month and the 180 for the school loans. He has not paid the 300 for the past three months and says he doesn't feel like paying. I have remarried and don't know what to do. He lives with his parents and has no bills, yet i still pay for all the kids expenses. What should I do and what should I expect to happen when i do it?

You need to file contempt charge with child support. Was this lower amount you agreed to submitted through the courts? Since he is not paying I certainly wouldn't be too generous. I would go back to guidelines amount since he is not paying. If he continues to not pay he faces his drivers license being suspended and jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back