Child Support Fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KariB

I need some advice or direction. I have 13 year old son. In 1998 his father and I split. We were never married. From 1998 -2006 i rarely received any child support payments. He would give me 50 here 25 there. I finally went to Child Support Enforcement in 2006. When I filled out the application I listed any payments that I have recieved that year but could not remember exactly what was paid in years past. I let them know the he did have a piece of notebook paper that we had kept track of the sporatic payments. They said not to worry that it was up to him to submit that. He never has. He has been told to several times. He now owes around $20,000. Any real recipts that he may have would maybe knock that down to $15,000. He hasn't worked for years and he keeps getting cut-off of his unemployment. He also has never provided medical insurance or the 37% of out of pocket medical exspenses which he was suppose in the child support order.He is now threatening me by claiming i am guilty of fraud and he has recipts dating back to 1998 month to month. That is impossible. He didn't pay more times than he did!! He says that he is coming after me. He is also married to a family law paralegal. We recently finished a long battle in court over visitation where his on again off again wife had her employer respresent him. I eventually won sole custody and from what I hear she was fired from that law firm only to be hired by another. My son for the longest time did not want to see him and was scared of the new wife. They harassed me by making false referrals to CYFD (all unfounded), leaving messages saying they were counselors, filing motions on comtempt, claiming parental alienation... it was to the point that I had to call the police several times. They both have had DV cases against each other. They are crazy and I am concerned that they have forged recipts. It has been 3 years since child support enforcemnt got involved. During that time they have taken his lincense at least once. The only arguement I can think of is if he had these "recipts" why did he not use them to stop from losing his CDL and then later give CSED a settlement to get his license back? How can I prove that he is lying?
I need to know what my rights are here and what I can do to combat more false alligations.

"I need to know what my rights are here and what I can do to combat more false alligations."

Sounds to me your ex is living of my tax dollars.

1. I would go to the magestrates office and get a stay-away/restraining order against the 2 wack jobs.

2. Sounds like you 2 have been at each others throught a long time, I would hire an a$$hole attorney to really just make him look so rotten in court the judge would get that pissed off at him that he would feal so threatend he would end up leaving you alone.

Stop listening to his threats. Was there ever an actual child support order? He is going to have to show cancelled checks with child support written on them, that is about the only form of payment a court will accept. If he thinks he can just whip out some piece of paper and use that as proof he is wrong.

I suggest you both grow up a little and be mature and work something out, but if he owes arrears through the child support bureau, he likely will owe it. He is entitled to visitation with the child if he takes you to court, and he likely will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back