child support arrears interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

nostawrd

In 1998 child support order was established via default (I was never served) by state of ca. I was young an misinformed regarding the law and thought my only option was to try to modify through dcss, which I attempted every year and was denied. In 2004 I finally got support case transferred to the county I resided in as mom moved out of state in 99. I got modification however arrears balance was high as original order was retro to child birth in 93. In 2008 when child was 13 there was change in custody. I was given full custody with support payments being credited towards arrears. There is currently still a 12k principal balance and 26k interest plus 9k owed in welfare reimbursement. Child is now 20 still lives at home going to college. Ive tried to settle with mother but since she lost custody in an emergency motion she's bitter. I have been told (by child support arty) I can file a motion to set aside interest from time period of 2008-current because child was/is with me. I just need to know if this is possible or any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back