Child rejection, but increased support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csh6280

My husband and I have been married for 7 years and he has a 12 year old daughter (my step-daughter). Within the past week, and I do not have any idea what happened during this week for this to happen, she has made the decision that she does not want anything to do with us anymore. She says that her dad has not been there for her at all and that he is nothing more than her "sperm donor". My husband has coached her softball team, been to almost every play, every recital, or everything that she has done if his work schedule has permitted. He works odd hours and his off days change every 3-4 months. She has always been welcome in our home and can stay with me and her sister (mine and my husband's child together - 3yrs). The mom is very random and abnoxious and says very bad things in front of the daughter about her dad. The mom has also been remarried and moved several men in and out of her house since she divorced her second husband. We have never MADE the daughter stay with us if she didn't want to, but she knows she is welcome at any time and we call and check on her and tell her that we would like to see her regularly. She has recently gotten a boyfriend and her mom lets her go to his house for HOURS at a time (like 8-12 hours) and they spend every waking moment together if they can. We had opinions about this and they really got mad when we said something. We have asked her to come visit this weekend and the mom said that the daughter did not want to and that she was not going to make her and we put up a bit of an argument about this. Now the daughter says she hates us and wants us to completely stay out of her life and they are taking us back to court to get more child support. The divorce papers show an amount that is based on my husband's first income which was substantially lower than what it is now. However, he pays for her health insurance and half the costs of any other extra curricular activities. If she chooses not to have anything else to do with us can they still get more child support? And if so how can I find out how much more it would be? We have been paying double the amount in the papers just because we knew that it should have gone up, but the mom got a job so that she makes almost as much money as my husband. And did I mention she had a child from her second marriage and willingly gave custody to the dad? PLEASE help me if you can! Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back