Child Neglect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stayathome

Hi All,
I'm trying to decide what to do here. We've got some neighbors in our condo association with two young kids, a daughter 6 and a son 3+3/4, as he'll tell you. The mother works for the public schools and the father is a stay at home dad who runs an online business.

A little digression, the reason we moved in is that everyone helped design the condo grounds and units up front instead of just having the developer do everything. Its a pedestrian only community on four acres with lots of park areas, great for kids, which is why we bought in. So anyway, we know everyone in the community there are lots of families and kids around almost every day. Good for raising a family right?

Back to the issue, these folks have their son at home during the day and the daughter is in school now. The kids run around the community and play with other kids quite a bit, but sometimes during the day their son doesn't have anyone to play with and he's out alone. I mean his dad is always there at home and outside fairly regularly, but I worry sometimes that the son isn't getting enough supervision. I want to give some constructive advice and don't want to get into it with someone with a different parenting style, but I need to know what to say. Any thoughts on this? I mean they're good people, a little busy, but their kids are healthy and happy. Thanks for any advice.

If you believe a child is in danger, don't hesitate to contact the police using "911"!

The police will investigate and speak to the parents.

You don't even need to leave your name.

If you see the child running around like a jackal, so might a child predator.

Your call could save that toddler's life, or help him avoid an even more disturbing event!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back