Negligence, Other Injury child molestation

Hello i am trying to find out what the statute of limitations is in new mexico to investigate a possibility of my three children being molested?

If you believe your children were molested, report the matter to the police.

The police will advise you further.

You can also contact any medical practitioner or hospital ER with any concerns, and you will also be advised appropriately.

i am trying to find out what the statute of limitations is in new mexico to investigate a possibility of my three children being molested?

Why? Why not report what you suspect to the appropriate authorities and let them worry about any relevant statute of limitations?

Also, FYI, a statute of limitations is a law that says how long the state has to initiate prosecution after a crime is committed. There's no such thing as a "statute of limitations . . . to investigate."

Also, the clock on the statute of limitations typically starts ticking when the crime is discovered, not when it is committed. As above, report it and let the investigators determine what applies and what does not.

How old are these children now? How long ago did this occur? How long ago did you find out about the molestation?

Back