Child has no say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelb

My friend lives with her older sister and she has a husband who has beat her and shot her and is a drunk. My friend told her older sister that her husband had sexually came on to her and the sister made the husband leave. Now the sister is kicking out her little sister(my friend) to have the husband back and won't allow her to move in with me. Is there anything I can do or my friend can do to make it to where she can pick where to go and legally be on her own if her older sister is her legal guardian?

How old is this child and where are the parents?

Are child services involved? If not, why not?

I heavily doubt DHS said that.

They would not be okay with an abused or neglected child simply leaving the home at 16 years old - that's NOT how the system works at all.

So let's clarify. Where is the 16 year old currently living?

I heavily doubt DHS said that.

They would not be okay with an abused or neglected child simply leaving the home at 16 years old - that's NOT how the system works at all.

So let's clarify. Where is the 16 year old currently living?

Yes, please help us help you.

Who has legal guardianship (or is the parent) of this 16 year old?

How did the 16 year old come to live with her sister?

Is her sister the legal guardian?

How old are you?

Are you her boyfriend?

Her sister has legal gaurdianship. Both her parents died that's why she lives with her sister.I'm 18 and her best friend.

Her sister has legal gaurdianship. Both her parents died that's why she lives with her sister.I'm 18 and her best friend.

Anyone who suspects child maltreatment in Arkansas should report it.

Some people (for example, doctors, teachers and school counselors) must, by law, report suspected child maltreatment, abuse, and/or neglect.

The number to report child abuse, maltreatment, or neglect in Arkansas is: 1-800-482-5964 (Arkansas Division of Children and Family Services) or your local police agency at "911".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back