child custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachelw1

My husband and I are trying to get custody of his 4 year old son. the mother has tried to commit sucide twice over the past year. The child has also lived with us for the past year. the years before she would not let him come around even when the divorce decree has visitaion on it. She does not take responsibility for the child. we pay 200.00 a week in child support and 100.00 a week in child care expenses and the child lives with us. We recently hired an attorney to handle this matter but my question is what is the first step the lawyer should do to keep the child in our care until this is taken care in the courts.:confused:

Honestly... ask your attorney. He knows your case far better than anyone here. He will also ultimately be handling the matter. In addition, as another professional I would be loathe to use this forum as a manner to second guess other professionals in how they choose to handle a case. It would be inappropriate for me to comment, especially not having the same information as your attorney.

there is no we there is only mom and dad

My husband and I are trying to get custody of his 4 year old son. we pay 200.00 a week in child support

your husband is the only one who can go for custody of his son. you are a legal stranger with no rights to this child at all. and btw, WE dont pay child support, your husband does. you are not a party to this situation, and should stay out of it before it causes your husband to lose his case, and irritate the judge.

i was a step who butted out and mmob

I think Jimmysgirl has a thing against stepparents, JMO.

as a former stepparent, i dont have a problem with sp's, but i was a step who knew when to mind my own business and not get involved, or think i have a right to get involved, in my husbands legal batttles concerning HIS kids like i see a lot of steps doing. when it came to HIS children, it was NONE of MY business. period, end of story

as a former stepparent, i dont have a problem with sp's, but i was a step who knew when to mind my own business and not get involved, or think i have a right to get involved, in my husbands legal batttles concerning HIS kids like i see a lot of steps doing. when it came to HIS children, it was NONE of MY business. period, end of story

That's fine Jimmysgirl, but you don't have to treat concerned stepparents who post on these forums in such a fashion. They come here to get advice, not to be treated like dirt. Believe it or not, I'm very aware of MY position and I dont stick MY nose into the way my husband and HIS ex raise THEIR child. I came here to simply ask for some advice on my husband's behalf, who is too busy to even know about a site such as this.

maybe thats why you say FORMER STEPPARENT

you say FORMER STEPPARENT:rolleyes:

That's fine Jimmysgirl, but you don't have to treat concerned stepparents who post on these forums in such a fashion. They come here to get advice, not to be treated like dirt. Believe it or not, I'm very aware of MY position and I dont stick MY nose into the way my husband and HIS ex raise THEIR child. I came here to simply ask for some advice on my husband's behalf, who is too busy to even know about a site such as this.

I agree this jimmysgirl is very cold and needs to STOP OVERSTEPPING THEIR OWN BOUNDERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back