Child Custody/Child Support Job Overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldous_Huxley

I was offered a job overseas. Due to my age and age limits for the job, this is the last opportunity I will have to take this position or another one like it. It's something I've always wanted to do.

I have a 5 year old son and an 8 year old daghter. I have them for 150 days/year. I do not have joint custody. The mother has primary custody and we share legal custody. We have a high conflict divorce and communicate through attorneys unless it involves simple matters of visitation.

The job involves me going overseas for 1 year. I am currently paying close to half of my net income in child support. I will continue paying child support and understand that it will most likely increase as the mother's time with the kids will increase.

Should I discuss my desire to go overseas to my ex knowing that she will block my efforts to secure employment?

Should I make the courts aware of my desire and modify custody and support for the year overseas?

Should I speak to my lawyer who I've come to believe has an uncomfortably close relationship with my ex's lawyer?

How should I proceed? I do not want to lose contact/custody of my children.
I want to pursue this opportunity and feel that it will help my career.

Thanks,
Aldous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back