Child Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLang1987

My ex-girlfriend is being investigated for child neglect. This isnt the first time. She is currently living with her grandmother. Last night she left in the middle of the night (after knowing that she is being investigated) to drive to Arizona (where her online boyfriend, a guy she doesnt know and has never met in person) lives. She took my 3 year old son with her. DHS and police are currently looking for her. When they find her what will happen? Will she go to jail? Are they going to bring her back to Iowa? If she goes to jail what will happen to my son if I do not wish to obtain custody?

First, going to AZ to even for a stupid reason isn't child abuse. What is she being investigated for? If she left their jurisdiction she is unlikely to be followed unless they are investigating a crime. If they do catch her they will take the child and put him in foster care. WHY on earth would you not want CUSTODY of your child?

Uh yeah, taking your child with you to Arizona to stay with a guy you don't know is a little crazy not to mention bad parenting ( the guy could be a murderer, child abuser, or sexual predator for all she knows). And she left because she knew they were going to accuse her of child abuse, pretty sure your not suppose to do that. She is being investigated for denial of critical care. And they are looking for her, The police in AZ have been notified and are currently looking for her "boyfriend". And its kind of personal why I do not wish to pursue custody.

Last edited:
It's kind of personal I'm sure. If I didn't have the guts to take care of my own kids I would say it was personal too. But whether you like it or not, and whether I agree with it or not, going to see an online boyfriend is not something that is child abuse or anything that would threaten her custody. If the police are looking for him, it isn't because of her. You need a lot more than that to claim child abuse.

But not being willing to seek custody of your child when he/she needs it IS abandonment. So don't be too holier than thou.

I don't have to disclose my choices or anything I do to anyone. Its no ones business but mine. I didn't say that DHS was looking for her because of her going to see her online boyfriend. They are looking for her because she just packed up and left in the middle of an ongoing DHS investigation into denial of critical care. They are looking for her boyfriend because that is where she is. Its also kind of rude to assume things when you don't know the whole story. You really shouldn't judge people because no ones perfect. I came on her to get answers, not rude/sarcastic comments.

My questions are If she did leave the state to avoid being accused of child neglect (denial of critical care) will she be sent to jail?

If she is sent to jail, will she be returned to Iowa?

Last edited:
My answer is the same. Once she leaves the jurisdiction if they do not have proof she committed a crime they will not be able to do much of anything.

By the way, if you don't care enough about your kid to take custody when he is being abused, I don't give a damn if you are offended by my "rude" prejudgment. I tend to side with the child, and when the bio-father has personal reasons that prevent him from preventing "child abuse" of his child I am less than impressed. So quite frankly I don't care what you came here to get. You wanted an opinion, you got it.

Last edited:
Then why is DHS calling everyone trying to find her. And why would they tell me that they have police looking for her if she didnt do something wrong/or they werent going to do anything?

They can try to make a referral to the new state. Or, they may have proof of a crime. Why do you care? You don't care enough for your kid to take him away from the abuse?

Well maybe....if they think she did something wrong, they will take him away, he will get adopted by someone who wants kids, and she wont be able to get him anymore. Problem solved. Never mind though, I'll just ask someone else. Thankx for your time.

Last edited:
If you want your son back, then you file custody. I agree that is makes NO sense for you to want the child back if you do not intend on filing for custody and if mom was neglctful, you still did not do anything. Unless a court order hss given you custody, mom did not break any laws taking the child to AZ. You have a RIGHT to be concerned, and if I were you see an attorney and try to locate her and file for custody. That is the only way you will have the child returned to IA by a court order. So complain all you want, you need to start acting if you want your child safe.

If the law is looking for her then yes if they had plans on arresting her in Iowa they will arrest her in AZ, whether or not she is sent back to the state she perpetrated the crime is up to the states to decide on extradition but most times yes she would be sent back to Iowa.
As to custody of your child if you refuse the rights and she is in jail and does not refer the child to a family member the child will go into foster care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back