charges while on misdemeanor probation

cbuie

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am wanting to know if a individual is on misdemeanor probation and is charged and arrested for obstruction of an officer when he reports to probation will they keep him and not allow a bail until his court day comes up?

No one here can predict what will happen. Can it happen? Yes, of course. Will it? Who knows. Speak with your attorney about the matter.

It depends on your PO really. My ex was on probation and I called the cops on him for taking my car. He got arrested for unauthorized use and then he broke a window in jail that night so criminal mischief. He was already out on bail for a felony robbery charge.

They did file to revoke his probation on the felony and he was in jail for two weeks but then they decided to wait and see what happened with the robbery case before revoking it. A year later, he made a plea deal and they ended his probation when his 2 years was up in April. Waived his fines/fees too. So it honestly just depends on who you're dealing with.

I am wanting to know if a individual is on misdemeanor probation and is charged and arrested for obstruction of an officer when he reports to probation will they keep him and not allow a bail until his court day comes up?

Okay, I'll help you.

I need a couple answers from you.

When you met your PO, were you given an orientation?

Were you given a set of WRITTEN rules to follow?

Read those rules.

In a word, YES, anything you do on probation that violates laws can subject you to a revocation hearing before the judge that sentenced you to probation.

If such a fate is presented to you, a revocation hearing, you simply request a court appointed lawyer to assist you, just as you will do in the matter that recently caused you to be arrested.

It also involves if you snitch out others......
True. That's how my ex got sent to prison for three years and his friends who were with him didn't do any time from what I heard. Actually I think it was his friends who were with him AND who ended up being his first wife who narced on him.

His probation stuff - I think they just got tired of dealing with him. He was on an interstate compact for one. The originating state I think was tired of him. He kept switching counties so I think they got tired of him and just ended it. Sadly. They should have revoked his probation after he plead guilty to the lesser charge. Then he would have had to do almost 2 years in the originating state.

I think they just got tired of dealing with him.

They get paid to deal with bigger ballers that little chickens who believe they're eagles.

Prosecutors are never too overworked or overburdened to bring the pain!!!

There are millions sitting in filthy prisons who believed they were too big to jail.

Probation/Parole Officers have wide discretion on whether or not to violate someone's probation/parole.When it comes to a new charge while on probation,the likelihood of that happened is pretty high.

Back