Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Charged with the intent to consume alcohol by a minor!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELK2005

Okay, so I am 17 and I was at a party this past friday (in New York state) and the cops showed up. They gave all 70 kids there summons to court. Our ticket says we have a violation. So first off, what does this mean? Secondly, we are charged with the intent to consume alcohol. The cops didn't give anyone breathalizers or anything. Beer was everywhere but they don't know who was drinking and who wasn't. I wasn't actually. I have also never had to go to court for anything in my life. The kids who owned the house were 20 and 25 so they are in a lot more trouble for selling alcohol to minors. But I want to know what will happen to me in court? Can I be tried for possesion of alcohol? Because the cops said that we were all guilty by association, just because we were at a party with underage drinking, which seems a bit ridiculous becuase they have no proof of who was actually drinking. So what is the worst that can happen to me in court? Does this stay on my record? The cops even sent kids home by way of car and a lot of those kids had been drinking, which is dagerous and doesn't make the cops look to sharp. I even talked my way out of having a parent come and get me. So the cops were defintely not the brightest and the whole bust took like 2 hours.

It is a violation under § 65c of the New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law. First time offenders will be fined $ 50 (plus applicable surcharges) and may be compelled to attend an alcohol law course. It will not create a criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back