Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Charged with lewd and lascivious behavior and disorderly persons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISTIBLUE

Hello everyone. I need some advice.
Recently, my club, an adult entertainment, was raided by the local police. I was not working that night, but recieved a phone call next day. I was informed that six people were arrested that night for various charges.
Two days later, I was told that I might have a warrant for my arrest. I went down to the PD and had them run my name for a warrant. They informed me that I didn't have one. After I told them where I worked and my "stage name" they then told me that I had two charges. One being Lewd and lascivious behavior and the other disorderly persons. I was then booked and released on bail.
I got a lawyer right away. I know for a fact that I did nothing wrong to cause these charges. While my charges are small, I am still devastated about the publicity of my name, picture, and rumors.
My question is, since this is the first time I have ever got into trouble, what the heck is going to happen to me?
I'm not suppose to go into detail what the police report had said, but its actually crazy police report if you could read it.
Also, may I submit written witnesses testimonies to the court to prove my innocence?
What should I submit to prove my innocence?
Any help out there?

Yeah but just seeing other opinions and other advice.
I can understand and respect the police that they are just doing their job, but I am seriously innocent and its hard to prove that when the system rarely believes the accused. I was going to school to be a cop once, but decided to continue to school to become a paralegal, and maybe a lawyer one day. So I totally respect the police procedure and what they do. I am devasted that this happened to me because of my reputation, family, and my future. I do charity work and for people to be questioned me about this upsets me dearly. I do alot for the community and for the humane society. But I can assure you, the charges against me is not true. There still a question in the back of my mind if they probably mistaken me for another dancer. But that's kind of hard to prove when I work in a strip club. People sterotype dancers as prostitutes or/and drug dealers or users. I am neither of those and to try to prove my case is almost impossible.

Just wondering, would written witnesses letters be admissible in court? Or should all witnesses be present to be admissible?

Any help would do.

As I will talk to my attorney about this as well. I understand that he could be busy with other things, that's why I am just looking for advice or opinion.

Thank you for reading my story.

No one can say what WILL happen to you. You MIGHT get tried and convicted ... you might be acquitted ... you might be offered and accept a plea deal ... you might go to trial and the case dismissed for lack of evidence ... no one can say. You need to speak with an attorney and decide how to proceed from there.

As for presenting "written testimony" to the court as evidence, I cannot imagine that will be acceptable. If you have defense witnesses (not character witnesses, but actual witnesses to the allegations at hand) they will need to take the stand at trial or their testimony will almost certainly not be considered at all.

My professional experience with exotic dancers in dance clubs is that most of them ARE engaged in prostitution or drug use/sales. There were a few exceptions, but they were few and far between. So, you are correct, there will be a presumption that you might well be guilty. That's the problem with being engaged in certain types of jobs - they lend themselves to incorrect presumptions.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back