Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Charged with Felony Possession

Jurisdiction
Florida
Good evening,

I am writing this today because I am lost and don't really know how to proceed and unforunatly I do not have much money to hire an attorney. I will do my best to sum up what has happened and why I am confused as to what to do next.

Recently My friend and I were heading out for some food. We wnt to turn into a store and right before a Sheriff's deputy vechicle pulled behiund us and turned on their lights. At that time my friend pulled into the store parking lot and parked the car. I am the passenger. As the officer approached he made some franky rude comments towards a team hat I had on. I just smiled and said you must be a **** fan. The officer proceeded to say that he pulled my friend over because their license plate light was out, and the trunk was not properly closed. He asked for the usual, license , registration and insurance. Which my friend provided. He returned to his car and kept us waiting for about ten to fifteen minutes. We will say we were pulled over at 12am.

After about 15 - 20 minutes the officer returns to the car and asks y friend to step outside and walk to the back with him. My friend does this. I cannot hear much but after about 5-10 minutes my friend gets back in the car and states they asked to search the car and I said no. I replied that is your right Next thing you know another officer appears, I didn't klnow at the time but this was the Corperal. He comes around and taalkes to the drivers for a few and they get out and he shows them the trunk. after about 5 minutes he says he fears for his safety and wants to keep an eye on me and asks me to get out of the car. I got out and he then told me he needed to check me for weapons and patted me down without me even having a chance to say no. He did a pat down nd found no weapons. I then asked if I was free to go, he said well the officer is currently writing you a warning. I then asked, am I being detained, he said once the officer was done writing the warning we could be on our way. about ten minutes goes by as he plays around with her trunk, it is opbvious they are trying to keep us there for some reason. I then said, listen am I beiung detained, neither officer replies at that time and the officer in the main car who stopped us asks me directly, did your friend, the driver throw anything out the window. to which I replied, no. I then said it is not possible and gavfe him the resasons why. he then asks well did I throw something out the windows. I said why would I do tht, no, check your camera. He then replied we don't have cameras, with a big smile. I then asked if I could leave, he said he was finishing up this paperwork.

About another 20 minutes passes and the K9 officer shows up. My friend tells them she does not condone or approve of the dog sniffing her car and rejects the dog test. When they insit that they are going to do it, she asks to be shown how the dog alerts, they refuse to show us.They take this dog walk over to the car ,he places his hand on the driver door the dog leaps for his hand as playing and they walk back to the k9 cart. they then say the dog sniffed drugs. I call BS.

I ask to leave again and they ignored me but refused to let me leave saying it will only be another minute. I called my son. now the time from the time the officer printed thiz warning for littering throwing a bottle out the window which I did not do, was 18 minutes. Should I have been let go after he printing the warning 18 minutes after he started the pull over?

Anyway this gets better. After the dog alerets they go through the car and due to the fact that this is public not going to say specifics but they found stuff, both things they found the driver said was theirs. Once they did that and went over and called a women officer over to do a pat down of my friend I called for a rided, then the officer ran over to the other officer zand he jumps bhind me and starts searching me. I said no, this isn't right and I do not consent to this search. He then says I can search you as I found stuff in the car/ He then starts feeling all over and shovesx his whole hand in my butt crack and his finger enters my anus. I jump away and yell you cannot sdo this, this isn't right, he states with a big smile shut up and look down, I can do what I want, I look to just siumply run way, as I cannot blieve this is happening and he reaches in between my legs and grabs my testicles and grips then hard. I flinch and he starts in on me again. i cannot wait till it is over. Later not oon me he finds something and they charge me with it, heck I blieve he planted it.

I feel violated. I want to talk to someone , I want to let the worlcd know what happened, but I am scared as I live here. I don't want to be harrassed. But I also believe they way this all went down is wrong. Can anyone tell me, from what I just told you, is this right? Can they keep me there for reason, amke things uop, sexually assuklt me. What should I do, what would you do, Help! Please. I feel so ashamed. I cannot believe another man stuck his finger in me, I never thought of such a thing. I feel distressed, angry, depressed and all I see is that crazy ass smile of that cop.

Sincerly,
Alone and confused.

I see these posts all the time. Druggies or people that hang out with druggies always seem to get pulled over and bad things happen.

You say you've been charged. Plead not guilty and ask for a public defender if you can't afford an attorney.

For future reference pick a better class of friends who won't mess up your life.

From the perspective your present a number of things seem to be very wrong and work looking in to.
The officer certainly will have a different account of events.
You will be appointed legal counsel when you appear in court for the charges against you, assuming you can not afford counsel.
You are free to make any complaint (written is best) against the officer(s). The sooner you do this the better, but even better with legal counsel.
At a minimum, write down your account of what happened while your memory is fresh. Share it with counsel once you finally have someone representing you.

I do not have much money to hire an attorney.

You can ask the court to appoint a public defender to represent you at your next court hearing.
The court may accept your representation regarding your finances, or you may be asked to submit various proofs.
Either way, if you qualify for a PD, your worries will cease about paying for an attorney.
The nice taxpayers of your state will take care of that for you.

In the interim stay out of all troublesome situations, don't discuss your case, (PROTECT YOURSELF AND DON'T DISCUSS THIS MATTER WITH ANYONE BUT YOUR LAWYER) and make sure you appear where and when ordered by the court.

Does anyone else see the issues here or am I just barking up the wrong tree and I should just plead it out and take it up the ass like so many have before me?

Last edited:
The justice system is slow. Be patient.
If what you say is true then there are certainly things that need to be addressed. Unfortunately you will probably have trouble proving any of it. It is all information to discuss with your attorney once you get representation.

To address your points. Once you stopped at the store, the officer doesn't even need a reason to approach you. A missing light is more than enough justification. While officers should be courteous as a matter of professionalism, it has no bearing on your legal issues. You're free to file a complaint with his department if you think he's acted inappropriately.

There's no requirement for the police to have your consent to have the dog sniff around the car, nor to give you any details about what they are doing. Whether the dog provided probable cause to justify the ensuing search is something your lawyer will investigate as a course of your defense. He'll also challenge the finding of the drugs. Note, however, that as far as possession charges go, they don't need to be "on you" nor does ownership need to be involved. If your friend had left them in the car where you could have gotten to them, you're potentially able to be convicted.

As pointed out felonies can take a while to playout. You need to be talking to an attorney and NO ONE ELSE. In Florida, you'll likely have to wait until the first time you are in front of a judge to make that request.

There's no requirement for the police to have your consent to have the dog sniff around the car,

There could be an issue if the detention was unreasonably prolonged in order to get the canine there, depending what information the officers had at that point already.
He then starts feeling all over and shovesx his whole hand in my butt crack and his finger enters my anus. I jump away and yell you cannot sdo this, this isn't right, he states with a big smile shut up and look down, I can do what I want, I look to just siumply run way, as I cannot blieve this is happening and he reaches in between my legs and grabs my testicles and grips then hard

This is a major allegation that should be reported immediately. The sooner it takes for this to come out the less credible it is in my opinion. An attorney is not needed to make a complaint, but it would certainly be helpful since charges are pending.

I agree the detaining might be problematic, but he made a big thing about the driver not giving consent to the dog sniffing.

Back