Personal Bankruptcy Chapter 13 to 7 Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapdaddyslick

I am currently in Chapter 13 and am converting to Chapter 7. My attorney feels that I qualify because of my being unemployed. He wants to charge me $1000. to do the conversion, but I just don't have the money. I am going to attempt to do it myself. He has been paid in full for his services up to this point. I feel that the information in my case file will be very helpful when completing the documents needed for the conversion. My question is: Do I have a right to request access to my Chapter 13 case file, and is he obligated to share it with me?

Slapdaddyslick said:
I am currently in Chapter 13 and am converting to Chapter 7. My attorney feels that I qualify because of my being unemployed. He wants to charge me $1000. to do the conversion, but I just don't have the money. I am going to attempt to do it myself. He has been paid in full for his services up to this point. I feel that the information in my case file will be very helpful when completing the documents needed for the conversion. My question is: Do I have a right to request access to my Chapter 13 case file, and is he obligated to share it with me?

Yes, it's your file.
If he refuses, you can always get a copy from the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back