changing my last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexisbabiix3

Hi! My name is Alexis and I have a question. I have been wanting to change my name for awhile now but my mom has not had the time to do it. (I'm 15). Well a woman I know said that she changed her sons' last name to her last name but it wasn't legal. She said that her last name was on his school records and registrations but it was under an "also known as" name, not a legal name. Well I was wondering since I won't be able to change my name any time soon, how would I be able to do that? (have it as an also known as name) Is there any way I can request it at my school or something?

I'd greatly appreciate your help! Thanks for your time.

sincerely,
alexis.

This is not legal advice!

Hey Alexis,

Well I for on think the name Alexis sounds, cool and very expensive like "A Lexus" Would love one of them myself.

Anyway, back to your question.

At the end of the day you can call yourself what ever you lie as long as it is tasteful I am sure not many people would mind but the problem comes when you come across anything official because the Law needs to know what your "Real birth name" is and not you're assumed. If it is a major problem, sit down with your parents and discuss the issue after all you are 15 now and well on you way to becoming an adult. I for one was never happy with my name as a child so I know how you are feeling, I longed to be called something else but as I have got older I have got used to it and now quite like my name.
Hope this has helped you and keep your chin up there are lots of other things in life that you will decide you dislike in life other than your name.

Take Care

Mark. AKA. Muggsy.
:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back