CEC Corp class action

Status
Not open for further replies.

love

Hello,

I don't know if any lawyers come to this site or not, but, I have somewhat of a grievance with a school I graduated from...The most bizarre part about this is that I have thought about whether or not to pursue action against this institution(CEC, APOLLO, CORINTHIAN, etc)for about 2 years and now I think I have the basis to pursue action. The other night 60 MINUTES(CBS)aired a segment on
For-Profit College that is wholly applicable to my present situation and it is by no means self-inflicted. In 2001 I attended the Katharine Gibbs School in NYC for computer programming, the course was for 18 months, 4 nights a week mon-fri. When I first started it was all good in regards to how well I felt about *finally* doing something to improve my standard of living and help out all those people in my life that helped me even come to that point*sob*. All the same, I did well and for the most part, I look at it as more of a positive experience than a negative one, academically speaking anyway. In the beginning the coursework was adequately organized and there was some coherence in the assignments that were given, but I did have a few quirks(that developed into...) that I didn't pay much attention to then although now I have a vastly different perception of. Truthfully. Just flat-out weird shit(term of endearance). In my first semester in my HTML and BASIC class we(3 people) somehow managed to learn more than our teacher was capable of teaching us(???)and was incapable of teaching, or even introducing any other concepts in those languages or any other programming language and was subsequently fired or quit his position at almost the end of that term(odd). We were then given another instructor that was tutoring previously until this dude got the axe. She had a very good understanding of the material and programming period, but unfortunately could not assess the class's overall aptitude to be able to teach us anything that transitioned with our lesson plan at the time and she had to pass people that neithered showed up to class or did assignments.
In a class of about 20 people ,10(NUMBER_WILL_LOWER) actually got the material while the other 10 withered away(INSERT_SLACKERTYPE_HERE) to obscurity...yet they passed(!!!)
Next semester.
Our class is starting Visual Basic, and our instructor is the same lady who DH'ed for our 1st semester instructor. I have no complaints at all about this woman as she is truthfully a wonderful instructor and overly-patient entity(thanx)but other things can be said for other classes. Seriously, this is A VERY LONG STORY, and I can detail many attributes to my claim as will those on 60 minutes can but the bottom line is that even if I typed out my sob story in transparent detail(which I will should I find counsel)the bottom line is this. This Career education Corp.(#*$&^@*!)not only robbed me of $XX.XXX amount of money from my own pocket(s), but also robbed me of any real satisfaction I get from what turns out to be my limited knowledge and self-confidence in the skills I have to sell that I *acquired* from them, everyday due to my unemployment, yet I owe them $1000 and C*t*bank $XX,XXX due to the fact that they couldn't keep a curriculum together, much less a decent teaching staff.
I have firsthand knowledge of how this place works and so does everyone else that got robbed and I am sure there are many. This is no secret anymore, yet the bastards stock actually went *up* even after that 60 minutes report. Honestly, I read some of these posts and problems(class action in particular) because I have just found out how hard it is to find out how to *start* a class action when searching on the web(...)I truly know in my heart that there a many more affected people than just myself, and the only any of us wanted was to pursue a discipline that we felt could improve our lives and our loved ones lives, for the better. And now we're all in debt in the 5 digit range for it with nothing to show for, no job, no money, I personally did not even receive a diploma....not even an mailer...I have copied this post and will be posting everywhere I can and will be amending it to be blogged(weblog), please I really am asking for help and any response is welcome and appreciated(even if it's not all that constructive) even if anyone knows any sites or resources that would be helpful or advisory, not trying to be to imposing
but I feel there are major implications and that there is a case.
Please advise me on how I can do this.

Thanx,
Kemal

PS
good jokes are also appreciated :)

I know that place!!!! Isn't it on 40th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues?

It is really tough to start a class action. It takes a lot of money and usually a very strong case because the money comes from the attorneys who believe they have a slam dunk case. Why not ask the people here if they are interested? What other evidence do you have about this place? What kind of research did you do, maybe find out information about the qualification of all your teachers. What you should have done (and do) is make a formal, written complaint about your schooling to the school. Since you are still there, maybe they will want to work things out because they smell something coming?

love said:
Hello,

I don't know if any lawyers come to this site or not, but, I have somewhat of a grievance with a school I graduated from...The most bizarre part about this is that I have thought about whether or not to pursue action against this institution(CEC, APOLLO, CORINTHIAN, etc)for about 2 years and now I think I have the basis to pursue action. The other night 60 MINUTES(CBS)aired a segment on
For-Profit College that is wholly applicable to my present situation and it is by no means self-inflicted. In 2001 I attended the Katharine Gibbs School in NYC for computer programming, the course was for 18 months, 4 nights a week mon-fri. When I first started it was all good in regards to how well I felt about *finally* doing something to improve my standard of living and help out all those people in my life that helped me even come to that point*sob*. All the same, I did well and for the most part, I look at it as more of a positive experience than a negative one, academically speaking anyway. In the beginning the coursework was adequately organized and there was some coherence in the assignments that were given, but I did have a few quirks(that developed into...) that I didn't pay much attention to then although now I have a vastly different perception of. Truthfully. Just flat-out weird shit(term of endearance). In my first semester in my HTML and BASIC class we(3 people) somehow managed to learn more than our teacher was capable of teaching us(???)and was incapable of teaching, or even introducing any other concepts in those languages or any other programming language and was subsequently fired or quit his position at almost the end of that term(odd). We were then given another instructor that was tutoring previously until this dude got the axe. She had a very good understanding of the material and programming period, but unfortunately could not assess the class's overall aptitude to be able to teach us anything that transitioned with our lesson plan at the time and she had to pass people that neithered showed up to class or did assignments.
In a class of about 20 people ,10(NUMBER_WILL_LOWER) actually got the material while the other 10 withered away(INSERT_SLACKERTYPE_HERE) to obscurity...yet they passed(!!!)
Next semester.
Our class is starting Visual Basic, and our instructor is the same lady who DH'ed for our 1st semester instructor. I have no complaints at all about this woman as she is truthfully a wonderful instructor and overly-patient entity(thanx)but other things can be said for other classes. Seriously, this is A VERY LONG STORY, and I can detail many attributes to my claim as will those on 60 minutes can but the bottom line is that even if I typed out my sob story in transparent detail(which I will should I find counsel)the bottom line is this. This Career education Corp.(#*$&^@*!)not only robbed me of $XX.XXX amount of money from my own pocket(s), but also robbed me of any real satisfaction I get from what turns out to be my limited knowledge and self-confidence in the skills I have to sell that I *acquired* from them, everyday due to my unemployment, yet I owe them $1000 and C*t*bank $XX,XXX due to the fact that they couldn't keep a curriculum together, much less a decent teaching staff.
I have firsthand knowledge of how this place works and so does everyone else that got robbed and I am sure there are many. This is no secret anymore, yet the bastards stock actually went *up* even after that 60 minutes report. Honestly, I read some of these posts and problems(class action in particular) because I have just found out how hard it is to find out how to *start* a class action when searching on the web(...)I truly know in my heart that there a many more affected people than just myself, and the only any of us wanted was to pursue a discipline that we felt could improve our lives and our loved ones lives, for the better. And now we're all in debt in the 5 digit range for it with nothing to show for, no job, no money, I personally did not even receive a diploma....not even an mailer...I have copied this post and will be posting everywhere I can and will be amending it to be blogged(weblog), please I really am asking for help and any response is welcome and appreciated(even if it's not all that constructive) even if anyone knows any sites or resources that would be helpful or advisory, not trying to be to imposing
but I feel there are major implications and that there is a case.
Please advise me on how I can do this.

Thanx,
Kemal

PS
good jokes are also appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back