1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Cease and desist letter

Discussion in 'Human Resources' started by piercejpierce, Feb 7, 2019.

1. piercejpierce

piercejpierce Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Ohio
    Does anyone know where I can get someone to make me a cease and desist letter online for bad references? Or is there anyone here that can do this?

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

You can do it yourself or hire anyone you choose. I doubt you will find an online service for such a thing.
    Know that this sort of letter has no legal weight and did not compel anyone to do anything at all. A person may give bad references, especially if they are being truthful.

Michael Wechsler likes this.
  3. piercejpierce

piercejpierce Law Topic Starter New Member

I understand that, I seen one place but they were far to expensive. My problem is t with the truth it’s with the false information. Thx for your reply

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Type the following words into any search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) and an amazing array of information will be displayed for you to vet and choose:

Cease and desist letter examples

5. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what "make . . . a . . . letter online" means. However, the only person who should be writing a cease and desist letter on your behalf is you or an attorney that you hire to represent you. There is a "find a lawyer" link near the bottom of every page at this site.

Can? Yes. Will? No.

6. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

The point of a cease and desist letter is usually not just the words on paper but a law firm behind the words which will give the other party a reason to pause their wrongful activity and consider whether the sender will actually take legal or remedial action that would be of concern. Sometimes it is necessary in order to file a lawsuit and to provide notice. We also don't know what you want the C&D letter to accomplish - bad references as in slander?