Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks caught using someone's credit card to get gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajs992

I'm 21, I found a credit card and used it to get gas... I haven't been confronted by the cops but I was suspended from work... What would the punishment be??

I'm 21, I found a credit card and used it to get gas... I haven't been confronted by the cops but I was suspended from work... What would the punishment be??

If you are arrested, or the police approach you to talk, you invoke.
You say, sorry, I am standing on my right to remain silent.
I have nothing to say, until i speak to a lawyer.
No matter what they say or do, be polite, be calm, and keep saying you have nothing to say, want a lawyer, and will remain silent.

Many things can happen, it just depends.
That credit card could have come off a dead person, or a belonged to someone who was the victim of a brutal beating and armed robbery.
That is why you stay calm, say nothing, do nothing stupid; and wait.
Losing a job is the least of your concerns now.
Prison could be in your future, that is why you say nothing.

Agree; if you are arrested, ask for a lawyer & speak only to the lawyer.

Don't do anything like that again.

It's not illegal to suspend you from work & it would not be illegal to terminate your employment.

I would expect to get arrested for theft. Why you thought this was acceptable is beyond me. It was dishonest and something that isn't even a grey area in terms of legality. I would hire myself a lawyer and follow his or her advice. Losing your job seems like an obvious outcome, and it is totally legal. Getting unemployment is uncertain at best, but you can always apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back