Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft caught shoplifting in walmart..

Status
Not open for further replies.
u lost me its my ride not my friend..

You said

i then came back to pick up my friends ride that was parted next to the handy cap parking. on the walk way .. god was i scares .. i hoped on the ride and left .. but noticed a ticked for parking in the hany cap parking .. ..

By the way the statute of limitations on misdemeanor theft (we dont know about your theft issue yet) is one year. This means the Police have one year to arrest you so you have one year to look over your shoulder

Unless someone can positively ID you by photo/video you are unlikely to hear anything about this. The car apparently isn't registered to you so they won't get your name from that unless your friend gives you up. It is unlikely they will get that far anyway.
You committed a crime as soon as you concealed the items whether in your bag, under clothes, whatever. It does not matter that you didn't get out the door with them.
Stay out of WalMart and stop talking about this and you should be fine. If police come to talk to you politely decline to answer any questions. You don't have to do anything they say or go anywhere with them.
If they want to arrest you they will have to get a warrant. If they do that you still should not talk to them or anyone until you have a lawyer. Nothing good will come of answering questions the police ask you.
For what it is worth, I often wonder why people don't just keep walking when loss prevention staff contact them. It amazes me how many people cooperate with them. Nothing good will come of it.

Last edited:
I see this somewhat different. Walmart gives car info to Police they (Police) find friend. Friend is accused of theft and says it cant be me. Police ask why he tells them. Police ask where to find OP and out of fear he tells them. Fact he ran and made a simple stop an big deal may provoke actions on both Police and Walmarts part

The only way the OP has a problem is if he is positively ID'd or falls for that kind of reasoning when/if approached by police and tries to explain himself.
If he clams up it is unlikely anything will happen without an ID being made.
This is one that got away.... if he shuts up about it. OP has more control over the situation than the police do/will. He just needs to understand how to manage it.

I understand but if a plate was retrieve Police will likely contact "friend" that will likely get Police the ID they need. I do agree if contacted by Police say nothing!

The plate doesn't prove who the driver is. If the friend names the OP that does not mean it is true. OP having the car does not mean he was the one in the store. Unless OP corroborates any of it by making a statement evidence to support an arrest or filing charges is likely lacking unless someone from the store positively ID's him.... or if OP found a sweet spot where video could ID him. Since he avoided the register video probably doesn't do much better than a clothing description.
You are right as to how an investigation would likely go if they have enough to even start it, but it won't work unless OP talks and makes some admissions putting himself at the scene.
I doubt thus would get much of an investigation unless the police recognize OP as a regular.

Well hears a good one . Im screwed big time.. I found out walmart security are well know for blowing things up and making it look biger then it is..
2) it was my bike that they ticked parked .. And its uner my name.. So its a matter of time..
3) yes i ran.. But everthing was left behind.. I was so scared..
4) will walmart go foward i dont now .. But it was nor mor then 50 dollars..

2) it was my bike that they ticked parked .. And its uner my name.. So its a matter of time..
Then they have a means to ID and locate you

3) yes i ran.. But everthing was left behind.. I was so scared..
Doesnt matter nyou left stuff behind its still theft

4) will walmart go foward i dont now .. But it was nor mor then 50 dollars..
If they choose yes.

Listen I know someone familar with Walmart policy that info is in your private messages on this site

Well hears a good one . Im screwed big time.. I found out walmart security are well know for blowing things up and making it look biger then it is..

It probably is a matter of time. You have trouble telling the truth here asking for assistance so I suspect if contacted you will probably say something you shouldn't that will do you in. Your ticketed vehicle is a small piece of the puzzle. They still need someone to positively identify you as the person who ran from the store. If they come asking questions, do not speak to them. Simply close your door and think happy thoughts.... and stop stealing.

Dude, the joke wasn't ever funny, and it's now boring.
If you did ANY of this nonsense, and you aren't in jail,you'll likely never be arrested. So, forget it, give it and US, a rest. People have REAL problems, and your silliness is getting n the way of others getting help. If you did this and got away with it, you wouldn't be carrying on like this. If it really did happen and you're still free, I'd give you better than a 90% chance that nothing more will come of it. If you are arrested, be polite, stay calm, do as the police instruct, cooperate with the police, but don't discuss the charges, except to say "I wish to avail myself of my right to remain silent, and I wish to speak with a lawyer." The police will ask no more questions, and eventually the judge will appoint a lawyer to help you. From that point in do as the lawyer instructs. Bottom line, you aren't Jesse James or Osama bin Laden, so relax and this will eventually end.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back