Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught Shoplifting in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie4159

I am really worried because a friend and me were detained for shoplifting in the amount of $36.83. It included both of us on the notice to appear for court and did not break down who had what. I am 20 and she is 18. I am not sure what to do. I do not have the money for an attorney and did speak to one tonight on the phone and that made me more nervous. This is my first offense and I have never been arrested before. I just have a traffic infraction on my record for a while ago that was taken care of. I am not sure what to do when I go to court. This would be the first appearance and I am confused on what to do. Can someone please help because I am really scared right now.

You really do need an attorney. If you cannot afford one, ask the court to appoint you one. Ask the attorney about ACD or Diversion.

Offenses don't get much more pretty than this. Don't worry over it*too*much. Make sure you show up when supposed to and request an attorney .
Expect to pay fines. That's about all that will happen.

Discuss plea options with your Attorney ask about ACD or diversion as plea options. You court fine should be less than $500.00 there might be cost for any classes that court might require you take as well. In addition expect a letter of Civil Demand from stores Law firm. This is state law as well and should be paid promptly to avoid long term consequences

I got caught stealing and I was in a diversion program before. What will,happened to me if this is my second time. I had my record cleaned I believe as well a few yrs back. And does not show when I look up my records

True but court will see the diversion and you are not very likely to get another chance like that. Judges really hate to see repeat offenders who were given a chance. Expect stiff fines, community service, longer probation

I got caught stealing and I was in a diversion program before. What will,happened to me if this is my second time. I had my record cleaned I believe as well a few yrs back. And does not show when I look up my records

They'll have to PROVE your guilt.
You are INNOCENT until the state proves your guilt.
Admitting to this is stupid.
Doing this over and over, and worrying about it AFTER doing it is just nuts.
Hire a lawyer if you want a chance at NOT being convicted, and STOP blabbing.
Play dumb, you know, dumb as if you'd never get caught stealing.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back