1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

cashed a $3835 check, now im afraid its a scam, can i get into trouble Consumer Fraud

Discussion in 'Consumer Fraud & Scams' started by raquell, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raquell

raquell Law Topic Starter New Member

I received a letter and a check for $3835.. Saying deposit it then withdrawal 3035 and buy 6 netspend cards and I would be working as a trainee for customer evaluation, the bank said the check cleared so I withdrew the $3035 to go purchase the netspend cards, before I did I started questioning the agent on the phone just to get reassurance that it was legal and a real job, he then got upset and started yelling at me, now I'm afraid its a scam, I haven't done anything with the money and got off work to late tonight to go to the bank, am I going to get into trouble for this

2. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

Ok ask your self this why would someone just "give" you 3 grand?

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

When in doubt, handle as if it is a scam - it generally is.

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You won't get into trouble trouble, but you'll have financial trouble, unless you've got an extra four grand laying around. The check will bounce, it's a SCAM. Don't send the money, keep it to fix your deficit when the check goes boing boing. If you do that, you'll only be out $50, or whatever your banks overdraft fees are.

5. heracles87

heracles87 Member

Wow I can't believe people are this stupid.

army judge likes this.
  6. CdwJava

CdwJava Moderator

These scams are reported to the police every day. There are a significant number of desperate people willing to take a chance on anything.

army judge likes this.
  7. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

On those rare occasions I begin to think how much my life sucks because my internet connection is slow, my freezer went on the fritz, or some such other minor annoyance creeps into my psyche; I stop and say, "Whoa, buddy, that ain't a problem, that's a first world annoyance."

Life is tough, very tough for all manner of people.

I take a deep breath, and say to myself, "At least you have house, a car, a freezer, food, health insurance,; and a myriad of other great stuff."

Yes, life can be very tough, and many times the person is truly a victim.

Plus, I've made my share of stupid mistakes, and learned the hard way, too.