Car lease Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platanomaduro14

My name is Eduardo and I am 19. I made a bad decision last may to lease a car for 36 months. I am currently finding myself struggling to make the payments and was wondering if there is any legal way to get out of this lease. And is it correct to even lease such a vehicle to a 19 year old. They asked me for a copy of my paystub ( i only have a part time job and get paid about 10 dollars an hour) I only work about 20 hours a week. Why was i accepted? shouldn't it have denied me? what should i do? please help

Was this financing done through a legitimate business? Consult with an attorney since enforceability of contracts in many states is state specific when it comes to age. Hope this helps!

You are an adult; you can enter into any contract you want to, unless you are of not right mind? If you knew you could not afford the car why did you get it? There is no way out of this contract unless they mislead you. You can turn it in early and be stuck with the residual amount

You are a legal adult and you should have known you cannot afford the car. If you turn it in early you'll be stuck paying early termination fees. You can go to swapalease.com and see if you can find someone to take over payments, but they have to qualify. If you are only working 20 hours a week then its time to get a full time job.

The main question here is were you 18 years old when you signed up for the lease? If the answer is yes, then you are legally and contractually bound to the terms of the agreement that you entered into. The only way out is like mentioned in other postings for you to pay the penalty fees for breaking the lease early or finding someone to take over the lease. Now, if the answer is you were not 18 years old at the time of the signing of the lease, then you should definitely consult with an attorney. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the advice. It seems my only option would be to find someone to take over the lease. As for a full time job, i really can't due to my going to school. It was a decision that i made and didn't think through. One that I will remember as a plague. Hope for the best for me.

Sincere thanks
Eduardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back