1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Car accident

Discussion in 'Auto Accidents, Injuries' started by JNK8392, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JNK8392

JNK8392 Law Topic Starter New Member

A few weeks ago, I was hit head on by a drunk driver. The man admitted to officers that he was on my side of the road and officers found an open container in the vehicle. I had insurance/uninsured motorist and the man that hit me did not. The way the police report was wrote up "it didn't favor either of us" so my insurance isnt going to be able to cover the wreck. What can I do?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You contact a lawyer, and discuss bringing a lawsuit.

Or, you discuss the matter with your insurance agent, company, or adjuster.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

I'm not sure why your ins. co. will not cover damage to your vehicle even if the police report didn't "favor" either of you. You'll need to go over your ins. policy/coverage with your ins. co./ins. agt. & ask why not. We don't know what exact coverage you have or what their reason is.

As army judge noted, you might have to bring a lawsuit & let the "court" decide - you would need to talk to a lawyer & see what they say.