Car Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmmamma

My ex was in a bad car accident with my 8 year old son. It was a one car accident. He struck a split rail fence which punctured through the engine compartment and into the passenger compartment. My son has a bruise on his neck from the seat belt. If my son had been sitting in the front seat, he would have been seriously injured. They both were treated at the scene and my ex refused transport to the hospital. My ex will not give me any details regarding the accident and the details I have are from the website of the fire company that responded. I also have copies of the pics taken at the scene that were also posted on the site. Clearly, he was at fault. What are some charges he could possibly be faced with? What would I need to do to obtain a police report?

Go see about your son.
See for yourself.
Don't worry or fret about your "ex".
Save those emotions and concern for your son.
I pray your son is fine.
I pray you have the strength to be with him and comfort him, soon.

That child needs you, mom, go to him! God speed and keep you all safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The won't be any charges for him to worry about unless he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If he wasn't arrested, don't expect any criminal charges. It is a matter for him and his insurance company to work out.
Your ex isn't really obligated to give you any details about the accident, but you certainly are entitled to any information about medical treatment your son might have received.

From your post I assume you may have knowledge of your ex-husband using alcohol or drugs. I also assume you are looking to see if this may have been the cause of the accident and thus a reason to take full custody for your son's protection.

You did not mention if he had been arrested or not. In my County you can go to the sheriff's website and review arrest reports. You first enter the date for which you wish to search and then you look for any report related to your ex. If you find the report, it will list the charges for which he was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back