Car Accident HELP!!!

A

Arnold05

Jurisdiction
California
Hi I got an car accident. So I hit a Honda Civil 1998 at the back and I think his car got total because it's an old car.When he got hit he was pushed in the car in the front but There is no damage, Both of them are asking for claim, But my Limit is only $5,000, I called the police reporting there is no injuries involve.But now the Driver of the Honda civic has attorney claiming for injury.My limit won't be enough what could possible happen if I cant pay the exceeding amount. My credit score is too low.

Hi I got an car accident. So I hit a Honda Civil 1998 at the back and I think his car got total because it's an old car.When he got hit he was pushed in the car in the front but There is no damage, Both of them are asking for claim, But my Limit is only $5,000, I called the police reporting there is no injuries involve.But now the Driver of the Honda civic has attorney claiming for injury.My limit won't be enough what could possible happen if I cant pay the exceeding amount. My credit score is too low.

No one can predict what will happen in your case.
Your assessment of injuries and damage sin meaningless.
You need to worry about how to best protect yourself.
You should ask all of your questions of your insurance company.
You should also consult with a couple local attorneys, as the first meeting is usually offered fre eof charge.

You could get sued for the difference in what your insurance doesn't pay.
If you do get sued, it'll become your worst nightmare.
You could eventually file bankruptcy to ameliorate the sting of any judgment rendered against you.
A portion of your wages might end up getting attached.
There are far too many negative things to list one by one.
That's why you need to ask your insurance company, or an attorney.
In summation, just know that if you do get sued, many bad things could befall you.

Cheap insurance will eventually cost you more. $5000 coverage is practically nothing.
You should expect to be sued in civil court. The other parties will have to provide evidence of their damages.
If you have no assets and they know this it is possible you won't be sued. They might not waste money trying to pursue you if they know you'll never be able to pay.
Most likely you will be. Just be patient. It's not the end of the world.

Back