Car Accident at 4 Stop Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokebear

Dear Law Forum,

I had a car accident 11 months ago at the 4 stop sides (no one got hurt). The other party's car hit my car in the back of the passenger side, and total of my car repair was $6300.00 and his insurance paid for the full amout of my car repair due to the fault of their side, but they denied to pay for rental (estimate $500.00) and my deductible ($500.00) that I paid out from my pocket.

Now, 11 months later, I received a file from the other party suing me at the small claim to make me pay for his car repair for the amount of $1451.45. This does not sound right to me, but how do I handle the case? what is the judge will seeing this? should I file the encounter claim to recover my rental and deductible at the small claim as well? Also, if I win the case, should I also claim for reimburse of my working day? Your professional advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

DJ

Dear Law Forum,

I had a car accident 11 months ago at the 4 stop sides (no one got hurt). The other party's car hit my car in the back of the passenger side, and total of my car repair was $6300.00 and his insurance paid for the full amout of my car repair due to the fault of their side, but they denied to pay for rental (estimate $500.00) and my deductible ($500.00) that I paid out from my pocket.

Now, 11 months later, I received a file from the other party suing me at the small claim to make me pay for his car repair for the amount of $1451.45. This does not sound right to me, but how do I handle the case? what is the judge will seeing this? should I file the encounter claim to recover my rental and deductible at the small claim as well? Also, if I win the case, should I also claim for reimburse of my working day? Your professional advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

DJ

Start by contacting your insurance agent or company.

Then, you might wish to discuss the lawsuit with an attorney in your area, if your insurance company won't provide one for you.

Always start with contacting your own ins. co. & then go from there.

Lawyers are not allowed to represent you in small claims in California, but you can soak with one for advice and to get help with filling a response or counter claim.
Yes, filing a counter claim sounds like an appropriate response.
The worst thing you could do is fail to respond or show up in court.
You won't get reimbursed for missing work, but your deductible and rental costs are fair game.
If you handle things well and file a response and counter claim before court it is very possible the other party won't even show up, and the case may be quickly dismissed.

I think we all need to be responsible enough with our actions specially when we are driving to avoid accidents.

Car accident

I think you may contact the lawyers to deal this type of case because they can give you the better opinion about this case, because according to my view this case is something complicated and it must be solved at once.

A large amount of money is involved in this and the thirty party is cheating u, so you cannot go directly to fight with him whereas you need some patience to proceed in this case, this must be moved in a proper manner or else the case may turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back