Can't get hire because of defamation of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongedwomen

Hello!

New to the forum and I hope someone can hep me here.

I am not sure if this qualifies as defamation of character or slander or possibly both. But here goes my story.

I worked for this place of business that operated with some disregard for the rules and regulations inherent with that business. In other words they would falsify documents and lie about finances to their superiors.

Since I didn't not want to be a part of this situation I was routinely defamed and slandered as well by those same co-workers to other directors and supervisors. I finally left the place after much harrasement and decided to try and get a job somewhere else.

Since leaving, I have been unable to get hired because the new place calls my former employer to get feedback on my performance. At first i did not know what they were saying to black list me, but I was able to get some details that someone from my former employer was saying. Apparently, I was accussed of the things they themselves were guilty of: falsyfing records, lying on company milage reports, forging documents, etc , etc. This has caused me financial strain, lots of mental anguish and depression.

Since then, I have been unable to get employed full time, and when I do get a job it becomes temporary. When words reaches my new place of employment they too start harrassing me into quiting or leaving.

My question is, how do I stop this false information that my former employer is relaying about me to a new potential employer? I am not guilty of any wrong doing and I want my career back. I am positive i am being slandered and my character has been defamed. How can I help a lawyer to help me prove or stop these people from continuing these acts against me?

Sincerely,

Wronged Women

I would write a letter to the CEO of the company that you left. Send it certified. I would tell that person what I know about the falsification of paperwork at the old company and I would tell them that you left for that reason. I would further tell him/her that you are being defamed and will sue the company if it doesn't stop.

I think you will get good results.

Unfortunately, that solution won't help me. Everyone is in cahoots in one fashion or another. It is so corrupt that i see no other avenue other than getting legal help. Which begs the question, How can I help a lawyer help me to get these people to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back