Consumer Law, Warranties cannot produce application for my tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallenga

I purchase a vehicle on 06/29/2015 in which the sale person called me and assured me that he had me approve and finance and I had to do the deal that night in order for it to stand. In which they stayed open late in order to get me in and sign all the contracts and agreements. After receiving all documents for the financing dept. I was given 3 envelopes that each containing warranty, agreement and financing, tag. I went about a week and a half later to purchase my tag and I was inform that the correct paperwork was not in there, I call and explain to them, they then told me they would mail the application for my tag to me. I waited another week and half, still no paperwork. So now I called back to get it and they tell me they will overnight it and send a copy of my checkstub. Now I been stopped twice by police and my deadline is up and I cant get a tag and now he saying that he got to resubmit the paperwork to the lending and I still don't have a tag, but they said they cant extend my date in order to receive a tag and not get a ticket by the police. What are some precautions or the next step for my situation.

I purchase a vehicle on 06/29/2015 in which the sale person called me and assured me that he had me approve and finance and I had to do the deal that night in order for it to stand. In which they stayed open late in order to get me in and sign all the contracts and agreements. After receiving all documents for the financing dept. I was given 3 envelopes that each containing warranty, agreement and financing, tag. I went about a week and a half later to purchase my tag and I was inform that the correct paperwork was not in there, I call and explain to them, they then told me they would mail the application for my tag to me. I waited another week and half, still no paperwork. So now I called back to get it and they tell me they will overnight it and send a copy of my checkstub. Now I been stopped twice by police and my deadline is up and I cant get a tag and now he saying that he got to resubmit the paperwork to the lending and I still don't have a tag, but they said they cant extend my date in order to receive a tag and not get a ticket by the police. What are some precautions or the next step for my situation.

You simply stop driving the car until you get a proper vehicle tag or license plate.
You should also not park the vehicle on the street until you do get the proper license.
Bottom line, keep the unlicensed vehicle on private property until you get this corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back