Canceling gym membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldy

I am active duty military. I recently had to move from florida to California due to orders from military.
I was member of reviera gym and they want me to pay $50 termination fees.
Am I protected by any law under which a military member who is moving away due to orders don't get penelized for breaking contract since it is not under my control where they move me?

My contract with river fitness does not have military clause.

Please advice

Pay them the $50; only join gyms with month-to-month memberships and no contracts.

Pay them the $50; only join gyms with month-to-month memberships and no contracts.

Great advice from Boyzgrrl, OP.

Why waste any of the the military salary you receive paying civilian gyms?

Heck, I spent 30 years in the army and used the many on base fitness facilities.
When I did use a facility off base, it was the YMCA for military members and their family members.
Most charged no fees, and had great equipment.

Thanks for advice. I think you all are right. Just pay those suckers and move on.
@ARMY JUDGE, I joined outside gym because I was in residency and you never know when you will get time to workout due to long hours of work. The gym on base closed at 8 so I had no choice but to find a gym with 24hr access.

It's "only" $50.00 - I would just go ahead & pay it & avoid any hassle with them.

Thanks for advice. I think you all are right. Just pay those suckers and move on.
@ARMY JUDGE, I joined outside gym because I was in residency and you never know when you will get time to workout due to long hours of work. The gym on base closed at 8 so I had no choice but to find a gym with 24hr access.

Good luck in your new assignment.
Yes, those training assignments can be rough.
At any rate, wise choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back