K Visa Canadian/American wanting to marry and live in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedae

I'm 23 years old, I am an American citizen, and I have been living in Canada on and off for almost 2 years. My fiance was born and has lived his whole life in Canada. We met online and have been together ever since. We are wanting to get married in the spring or summer. I was wondering if I will need to go back to the US to apply for permanent residence or if I can do if from within Canada.
Also, we are thinking of starting a family in a year or two, and I've heard that I would have dual citizenship and so would the baby(ies). My fiance is worried that that's not the case and that I could be deported and so would the baby. And, would I still be able to enter the US with the baby, and get back into Canada easily? Would having a baby in Canada benifit me, or not? We plan on having kids either way.
I appricate every bit of help I can get.

Most of the questions have been answered several times in this forum. Just read some of the other postings in this section.

If an American citizen and a Canadian citizen have a child together, in most cases the child will have both citizenships regardless of the country in which he or she was born.

You will not automatically have both citizenships just by marrying a citizen of another country, but you probably will become eligible for the citizenship of your spouse at some point. A Canadian who marries an American and lives with her/him for 3 years is eligible for American citizenship after those three years.

If you have applied for residence in the other country and been granted it there is no reason why you should be deported. You just have to go through the motions according to the law of the respective country.

Similar situation

Zedae, I am in a similar situation. could you tell me how you two have maintained the 2 year relationship? Does he go back and fourth just to maintain the temporary status of 6 months or less here in Canada? I met my friend the same way and we want so badly to be able to be together in Canada. Thanks for your Help Suzanne

Need Advice

I am an American man whom has met a Canadian woman on the internet. We have really come to know one another over the past several months and fell in love. I have visited her there in Canada three times (last time with my children) and she has visited us once here in the U.S. We are very much wanting to be together in Canada and get married and live there.We are hoping to accomplish all this this summer. I haven't a clue as where to even start with the legalities of it and I am seeking any help and advice available.

Thanks, Redsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back