Can we call cps

Status
Not open for further replies.

law4life61

We have just found out that my husband's baby mother was arrested and charged with a felony. We don't know what she was charged with but we have her booking number and as that is private information we can't retrieve. We know that the kids are sleeping on the mattress on the floor in one bedroom as all three of the kids share with their mother. would we be able to contact cps to investigate this matter and to see if they can find out what were the charges she was arrested for.

Why would you care what her charges are?

Your husband should call CPS or the police if he believes the children to be neglected or are in danger.

It isn't a crime to be poor.

Otherwise, contact the authorities if you fear for the safety of the children.

In ND what is defined as abuse?

I just have a quick quetion, I live in ND and am new to the area. One of my neighbors says spanking is legal the other says its illegal. From what I understand its illegal and considered corporal punishment and is under the spanking ban am I correct?

Last edited:
I just have a quick quetion, I live in ND and am new to the area. One of my neighbors says spanking is legal the other says its illegal. From what I understand its illegal and considered corporal punishment and is under the spanking ban am I correct?

I've never heard of any state in this great union where a parent could not spank their child(ren).

Spank now, not beat or abuse.

I suggest you speak directly to a local law enforcement official in your city or county for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back