Assault & Battery can the cops just run your name to have something to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg31

i was talking to my neighber when a cop pulled up he said he was now on the day shift and just wanted to meet some of us he talk to us for tin min or so and then side he hade to run all are id's to justafie stopping

The site is manned by volunteers who has real lives, jobs etc outside of this site. Questions are not always answerd promptly. Now what is your real question here or issue. Cops ran your ID found nothing I presume whats the problem?

yes there is more to the story the charged me whith a dv and kidnapping form 2000 i had taken the keys from that time was my gril friend she was drinking so i pulled her out of the car and took the keys the cop told me that by me not letting her drive away that is kidnapping and because i pulled out of the car that i will get asuilt charge as will

i was talking to my neighber when a cop pulled up he said he was now on the day shift and just wanted to meet some of us he talk to us for tin min or so and then side he hade to run all are id's to justafie stopping
Okay. And your question is?

If it is to ask if they can run your name, the answer is, "Yes". However, if you are not detained or under arrest, and they are making a consensual contact, you would generally be under no legal obligation to provide your name. But, if you did so and you were wanted, your bad.

greg31 said:
yes there is more to the story the charged me whith a dv and kidnapping form 2000 i had taken the keys from that time was my gril friend she was drinking so i pulled her out of the car and took the keys the cop told me that by me not letting her drive away that is kidnapping and because i pulled out of the car that i will get asuilt charge as will
Soooo ... the officer probably wanted to meet you because you were the local violent felon on the block.

Did this all happen before or after the officer stopped to say "Hi"? Or, were you arrested when he stopped and said "Hi"?

If you are still facing prosecution for these crimes, get an attorney ASAP!

- Carl

will i just got surved with papers from my ex i have had full custady of are child sence 2003 now she try to take me to court to try to get me to give her up to her i call her mother and found out the cop is her new boyfriend i drove by her house an show him out in the frount yard. my boss is getting with me an his lawyer monday. this my as will cast me my clearance for my new job that im starting next april in dc. what i want to now is can the charge me with a crime after 8 yaers ??

If you have not been charged with those crimes, then the answer is likely, "No." If you HAVE been charged, the answer is probably, "Yes."

It's kind of hard to make sense of what is going on because all three of your posts are rather disjointed. If I have this straight, you allegedly committed these serious offenses many years ago but were never charged ... now, you are contacted by a cop who you believe is your ex's new boyfriend ... you have also been served papers asking the court to revisit the custody issue.

Okay.

Now, how is custody paperwork going to cost you a security clearance??

- Carl

i was not charged until last wednesday right now i am charged with kidnapping. i have never been in any troble i never have gotten a trafice ticket i dont know if what the deputy told me is going to happen he side i will get assault charges as will when i go to court on the 4th and have to bond out for that as will

I guess you'll find out what happens on the 4th.

You need to speak to an attorney right away!

- Carl

First line of first post, along with the title answers this for you.
And it was replied to in my response with this line:

If it is to ask if they can run your name, the answer is, "Yes"

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back