Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Can the child of the homeowner kick someone out?

Spew

Jurisdiction
Texas
My brother's girlfriend came around April 4th when she got in this argument with her mom for being kicked out of cheerleading for smoking weed. What my brother told us was that she was going to be staying for the WEEKEND. Since that day, she has been living with us still and she has caused nothing but chaos. She is manipulative, she verbally abuses my brother and she lacks respect, speaking ill of my mother and the rest of my family member. Some legal issues have already happened between her and my cousins who assaulted her and right now she is having this massive power trip since they got arrested. My mom tried kicking her out when they went to jail, but now the girl's mom doesn't want to take her back, so she feels like she's stuck with her.

What I want to know is as the daughter, do I have any right to kick her out if she is disturbing the peace in our home, or can only my parents do that? And if I cannot, what actions can I take to make her leave? Every day I feel like I am going to have a panic attack when I look at her face, but I feel like I can't do anything about it because my brother refuses to get an apartment and I have no money to move out.

ALSO she dropped out of highschool after moving in here and is now applying to a school closer to us, but is putting down my father as her uncle and my brother as her cousin. Is that illegal? My father doesn't understand much English and I don't want him doing something that can get him in trouble for telling lies.

She is also an immigrant with a student visa, so can't she also get in trouble for dropping out of school for something stupid like getting in a fight with her mom for smoking weed?

If your family wants her out, your mom or dad must evict her (the property owners).

Your folks can't get in trouble for the lies she's telling.

If she's not honoring her visa, report her to immigration.

If your family wants her out, your mom or dad must evict her (the property owners).

Your folks can't get in trouble for the lies she's telling.

If she's not honoring her visa, report her to immigration.

I tried convincing them to, but they keep telling me that they feel bad for my brother because then he will be all sad because she's gone.. My mom technically kicked her out once, but the mom didn't want to take her back, so she stopped trying.

It's a decision your parents will have to make.

It's a decision your parents will have to make.
Damn, that's too bad... I can't even report her for disturbing the peace? She technically has since she's made out whole family turn on my brother and everyone even family from New York and Tennessee know about what she's done.

Well, you can TRY to call the police when this girl is ranting and raving, but don't expect them to do much about it if she quiets down. As for getting her out, as others have said, the person responsible for the home will have to look into the legal process to remove her.

Well, you can TRY to call the police when this girl is ranting and raving, but don't expect them to do much about it if she quiets down. As for getting her out, as others have said, the person responsible for the home will have to look into the legal process to remove her.
Sigh. Alright,thank you. Wish I could do more since my mom is too afraid to do anything about her.:c

You cannot control what others do. If your parents really want to take action to get her out, they will have to initiate it. There is no way for you to legally give her the boot.

But, if you really do not like the living situation, YOU can always move out of your parents' house.

If this girl is still a minor and her parents are okay with her living in your home - and your parents are okay with it - then it's all but a done deal ... unless this girl is significantly UNDER 17 (like, say, 14, or if your brother is 3+ years older than she is and she is under 17). But, calling the cops if she is under the age of consent could get every adult in the house in trouble.

You cannot control what others do. If your parents really want to take action to get her out, they will have to initiate it. There is no way for you to legally give her the boot.

But, if you really do not like the living situation, YOU can always move out of your parents' house.

If this girl is still a minor and her parents are okay with her living in your home - and your parents are okay with it - then it's all but a done deal ... unless this girl is significantly UNDER 17 (like, say, 14, or if your brother is 3+ years older than she is and she is under 17). But, calling the cops if she is under the age of consent could get every adult in the house in trouble.
She just turned 18 and brother is 23. Sadly, I don't have the money to move out.

If your parents refuse to deal with the situation then there isn't much you can do. If they are fine with this toxic person living in their home, that is their right. If you are over 18 there is nothing stopping you from getting a job and moving out. I'd wonder about your brother's common sense that he would date someone like this but the police don't care if someone has a horrible choice of romantic partner. Personally, I'd smack him upside the head and tell him to start thinking with his brain but if he wants to remain spineless, you are out of options.

The extended family and friends have no reason to know about it and even less to get involved. If it is creating drama with them it s because someone purposely did so. Disturbing the peace has nothing at all to do with this.

If she is not in this country legally, you can report it. ICE

If your parents refuse to deal with the situation then there isn't much you can do. If they are fine with this toxic person living in their home, that is their right. If you are over 18 there is nothing stopping you from getting a job and moving out. I'd wonder about your brother's common sense that he would date someone like this but the police don't care if someone has a horrible choice of romantic partner. Personally, I'd smack him upside the head and tell him to start thinking with his brain but if he wants to remain spineless, you are out of options.

The extended family and friends have no reason to know about it and even less to get involved. If it is creating drama with them it s because someone purposely did so. Disturbing the peace has nothing at all to do with this.

If she is not in this country legally, you can report it. ICE
Yep. He was even open to the option of deporting her if we felt like it. My cousin even has proof of her saying that his gf said she could easily move back home of she begged her father to take her back, but chooses not to because she knows it upsets me. It is like we're living in a drama TV show.

Back