Eviction Grounds can my roommate evict me if i refuse to switch rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambrewer85

So this is along story. My sister got a house with her bestfriend and his wife. She payed for them to get into the house, but was not put on the lease. Nor did she get anything written about her being the one paying for it. Everyone told her to, but of course she trusted her friend. Well i moved in with them in march. Her best friend and his wife ended up splitting up. She went and stayed at her mothers while ge remained her with my sister and I. Last month me and him got into an arguemdnt because i stood up for my sister and wouldnt let him abuse her mentally or physically. He tried kicking me out, but he wasnt able to. So instead he signed a paper with his wife that he will be out at a certain day and she will be back in. So that happened and everything was going fine. We all talked and decided me and my sister will be out in august that way her parents and grandmother can move in. My sister is furious since she payed for the house. But agreed in the end. Well she just told us that she is moving us ((my 3 children, and my sister and her 2 children)) to the 2 upstairs room. Which doesnt sound too bad right?? Well it wouldnt be except the rooms are no bigger then a house laundry room. Which upsets me since we were told her parents wont be moving in till august. So when i told her (nicely) that it wasnt fair and that we werent going to move into the smaller rooms. So she said she will just go thru with an eviction now. And im so lost i dont know what to do.. but is this legal? I really need help. I have no where else to go. And i dont want my 3 children or my nieces to be homeless.

The person who owns the house can file an eviction action against anyone she wants out of the house.

If such an action is filed against you, you defend in court.

If an eviction is filed against you, you'll have difficulty renting for a very long time.

I suppose this won't matter to your sister.

In fact, isn't this why she was so nice to PAY for THIS house for her best friend?

This is the risk one takes when they try to beat the system.

They often end up beating themselves.

No response is required, I've seen this enough times to know what's up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back