can my boyfriend renew his green card.

diazw

Hi... My boyfriend has a DUI and court fines that hi hasn't been too responsible about it. He always behind on them. I just notice his green card expiration date is in 4 days am scare he wont be able to renew it until he pays off the court and then he wont be able to work. Will he be able to renew it and What he needs to do?

Hi... My boyfriend has a DUI and court fines that hi hasn't been too responsible about it. He always behind on them. I just notice his green card expiration date is in 4 days am scare he wont be able to renew it until he pays off the court and then he wont be able to work. Will he be able to renew it and What he needs to do?

He can relax.
In the old days, one might worry about being so lax.
These days, no worries, he's in, he would have commit acts of terrorism before the authorities would even look sideways at him.
Welcome to The United States of America, come on in, our borders are unlocked.

He might be ok but it wouldn't hurt to discuss with an immigration lawyer. Can the court fines be paid off?

OP, despite what you've been told, your boyfriend's residency might actually be in serious jeopardy.

Some crimes automatically trigger deportation proceedings. Some don't. Some don't, but can still make the alien inadmissible (just not deportable). 3 minor crimes can carry the same risk of deportation as a felony.

There's a handy page here which explains things quite well.

This is from this website: all law article

And finally, more here

Basically, it's a very complex subject and I believe the best thing you can do for your boyfriend is encourage him to find an immigration attorney asap.

Back