Can I use names of celebrities I have treated on my website?

K

Kingo

Im a physical therapist who has treated some of the best athletes in the world amongst other well known people. I wanted to have a picture collage on my website of past patients, am I allowed to do this?

Many thanks

Of course not. Haven't you ever heard of HIPAA?

ETA: You can, if and only if, you have a signed release from each and every one of the individuals granting you permission to do so. No release, no photo and no other disclosure.

The fact that you can even ask this question is scary.

Im a physical therapist who has treated some of the best athletes in the world amongst other well known people. I wanted to have a picture collage on my website of past patients, am I allowed to do this?

Many thanks

I suggest you get the approval or a signed release from each person that you wish to mention or publicize you have treated.

What you're actually doing is publicizing their endorsement of your services.

However, you're posting from Zurich.

I know NOTHING about the law in Switzerland.

Before you do anything more, it would be wise to consult one of the fine lawyers (avocat, avvocato, or Anwalt) in Switzerland.

Thanks for the replies,
So I guess as far as I can go without obtaining an disclosure from each and every one, is writing something along the line of "I have worked with the worlds best athletes"?

I assume anything more specific such as "the worlds fastest man" is too close to naming the actual people?

Thanks for the replies,
So I guess as far as I can go without obtaining an disclosure from each and every one, is writing something along the line of "I have worked with the worlds best athletes"?

I assume anything more specific such as "the worlds fastest man" is too close to naming the actual people?

The former is about as generic as you can be.

I'd say it this way:

Our practice treats many of the world's best athletes, and that's how we'll treat you, too.

Back