Can I tell my old attorney he is an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greengoblin

Can I email my old attorney and copy a couple of hundred attorneys in
the email, and tell him he is an idiot?

Can he sue me for that?

He filed a motion with the court, and went to fight it, asking my opponent for
a copy of their retainer agreement with his attorney. Even a law ignorant person knows this is attorney-client. Of course he lost, and so did my pocket.

Then he faxed in our office someone else's pleadings, and when I told him
about it, his secretary/wife told me I was flat out lying.

So, 6 months afterwards, case finished and done, can I email him directly
and tell him my true-to-heart opinion, and copy his peers in it?

Sure you can - and you need to understand that there may be consequences.

Be prepared to answer a possible defamation suit.

how could he sue me for defamation?

how could he sue me for defamation?

what happened to freedom of speech and freedom of expression?

I am not telling others not to like him, I am only exressing
my opinion.

Last edited:
The problem is that by sending the message to numerous other attorneys in the area you add the element of malicious intent. you don't have to say nice things about the guy, but by going out of your way to inform people that have absolutely nothing to do with the issue you kind of hang yourself out there.

In that case I am going to use anonymous email...

And you think an attorney won't be able to find out who is sending the emails, huh? :rolleyes:

Dude, seriously - do you really want to take on an attorney? Really? Because regardless of whether there's a case, an attorney has the resources to quite literally bury you in court for oh, years to come.

no, he cannot find who is sending the emails, he can suspect who they are coming from,
and I am sure he will, but thats a long way from "beyond reasonable doubt"

So far in 3 "get-togethers", attorneys 0, me 3, OK, a little was luck, but yes I do want to
take on him, and no, I am not afraid, besides, I will be one soon myself although in a
different state. I am so upset at all this I have the wrong attitude for an attorney,
I know and that annoyes me, but I have to put this behind me, and the only way
to do so, is to let him know how I feel about this low-life scumbag loser shyster-activities. I want to see what kind of resources he can use to barry me 1200 miles
away.

no, he cannot find who is sending the emails, he can suspect who they are coming from,

You are sorely mistaken in that assumption. Not only that, but "beyond reasonable doubt" is NOT required for civil cases....all that is needed is a preponderance of evidence. In other words, "is this a more likely than not scenario? Yes? Ok then..judgment for plaintiff".

So far in 3 "get-togethers", attorneys 0, me 3, OK, a little was luck, but yes I do want to
take on him, and no, I am not afraid, besides, I will be one soon myself although in a
different state.

Don't bet on that.

I am so upset at all this I have the wrong attitude for an attorney,
I know and that annoyes me, but I have to put this behind me, and the only way
to do so, is to let him know how I feel about this low-life scumbag loser shyster-activities. I want to see what kind of resources he can use to barry me 1200 miles
away.

You have absolutely no idea what you're getting yourself into.

greengoblin said:

yes I do want to
different state. I am so upset at all this I have the wrong attitude for an attorney,
Yes, you do have a poor attitude.

Do what you suggest and you might not become an attorney in any state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your time and input, I really do, its obvious I am upset and hurt for now.

The way I see it, and it has hurt our family a great deal, is that attorneys do not fight
for justice. That what you want to believe, but in your hearts you know that is not the
case. You fight other attorneys, thats what you fight. You beat them on technicalities
you beat them on procedures, you beat them on timelines, you dont care for the
merits unless everything else failed, then you are all for justice and society values.

My anger against this bad-hearted idiot will subside, I want to believe I am a good
person and will not act from hatred which in the end is all going to come back at
me as a boomerang, you think I dont know? Some want to believe they are not seasoned
attorneys unless we win a jury case. I'd like to extend that, I feel a good attorney
should be able to beat other attorneys *regardless of means and reason*.

Yeah, I know, you can hit me on the above, especially the means,
but you too do it all the time, you just dont say it, thats all.

Anyway, I apologize if I disturbed anyone, thanks for your time and input,
I do believe your responses were as they were supposed to be.

Dont worry, I won't cc anyone else, I'll just send him a personal email
so it will stay between us.

I think you sending him an email, explaining why you're upset and dissatisfied, is an excellent idea!

Those kinds of emails and letters usually solve nothing.

I've practiced law for more than 40 years.

I have won countless acquitals for legions of defendants.

No one ever prevails on technicalities.

You prevail on facts and the law.

You never prevail without hours of trial preparation.

It has been that way for centuries, and it doesn't apply only to the practice of law!

Those kinds of emails and letters usually solve nothing.

I've practiced law for more than 40 years.

I have won countless acquitals for legions of defendants.

No one ever prevails on technicalities.

You prevail on facts and the law.

You never prevail without hours of trial preparation.

It has been that way for centuries, and it doesn't apply only to the practice of law!

I think in this case, sending the attorney an email explaining the client's dissatisfaction is an excellent idea - if only because it allows that client to get it all off his chest and let it go.

If you are going to be an attorney any time soon you had better do something about your spelling and grammar.

Seeing as at least one attorney on this site regularly makes frequent spelling and grammatical errors, I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one ;)

If you are going to stay on the 21st century, you had better figure out
the difference between pleadings and forum postings or SMS text messages.

And try to avoid starting flames, officer!

If you are going to stay on the 21st century, you had better figure out
the difference between pleadings and forum postings or SMS text messages.

And try to avoid starting flames, officer!

I believe your question was answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back