Can I take a private seller to small claims court

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvtill116

Can I take a private seller to small claims court in Pa? I purchased a car from Craig's list for $1300.00 on 4/47/2009 The cars motor went on 5/8/09. The repair shop said it would cost $4000.00 to fix. The seller said the car was in great shape and there were no problem but a transmission slip.

Can I take them to court? Please this would really help me. I have three kids and now no car or no money to purchase another one.

Thanks you

please respond to stvtill116@gmail.com
Here is the add

Great small car, really good on gas over 30 mpg, you can fill up on average for under $20. Car has around 130K miles, and needs light tranny work, it shouldn't need too much, just having a little problem catching in first gear. 2 door, automatic, 6 disc cd player, pw, pl, sunroof, 4cyl, abs, dual airbags, cruise control. Car has minor dings here and there but nothing too terrible. I will be uploading pics soon. Call Terry for questions

You can take him to court but I don't think you have much of a case, I'm sorry to say:

1) The car has 130,000 miles on it. That is a LOT of miles. How great shape could the entire car be overall as far as wear and tear - especially regarding the motor?

2) The car worked perfectly for a month. There was no warranty I can see made by the seller. At the time he sold it to you, it did work well. Nothing lasts forever and the risk the motor may go passed to you. Unfortunately this happened sooner rather than later.

You can try small claims court but I'm not confident you'll win much. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back