Can I sue?

Stephfon Green

Jurisdiction
Texas
95D06E38-AF5D-4A36-AF05-22506EF89EB7.jpeg CBE2B71B-FF6E-4654-9DA4-AEFA5223C6F9.jpeg B5D27393-791E-489D-B906-0B2450E1D470.jpeg D8B2DC0A-BFEC-4902-B1AD-3884071CD811.jpeg DD448CE9-6D04-40D4-8B37-A2D63EE7DEC0.jpeg I have been staying in the apartments I was evicted from for going on 3 years. Last month I was supposedly evicted. They gave me a paper that said I was going to be evicted in 3 days unless I came up with the amount owed. I had been refusing to pay it because they hadn't fixed my dirty ac unit and rat situation. Both of which were present when I moved in without me knowing.
I had a rat die in or near my air vent and that's when I told the office lady and she gave me a story about how a squirrel had fell in her bathroom and they couldn't do much about it. The maintenance man even came and seen the maggots coming out the wall and in the smoke detector. He told me "they could open the vent but if it's not there they can't do much" ,and was playing dumb as if he couldn't see them coming from the upside of the detector connection.
I later saw the "rat" and discovered droppings. I checked the whole unit thoroughly and saw the condition of the ac unit. As you can see in the pictures it was bad but I never knew about them.
I told the office lady I wanted them to fix the rat situation and ac before I paid another dime seeing as how they were raising the rent and I was one of the very few paying with their own money.
They gave me the notice and soon locked me out the same week. I was in a car crash before this so that was where my money going. I told them to give me time but nope.
The tub was also badly molded and never touched even though I complained about it. Just painted/caulked over. No work order put in for them ever. Because "we can't really fix them" as she said.
**I was never taken to court for said eviction and was wondering if I had a case. These are the base pics I have, but with a court order I could show them way more. I'm sure it's still not taken care of.

Any adult person can sue another adult person or corporate entity for any alleged grievance or perceived slight.

In Texas all you need to do is file a small claims suit at the appropriate small claims court venue (the proper JP Court or Muni Court) depending upon whom you wish to sue and where that person or entity is located or the grievance occurred.

Good luck, mate.

Back