1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Can I sue uninsured motorist for difference ins didn't cover

Discussion in 'Auto Accidents, Injuries' started by Tracymc, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Tracymc

Tracymc Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    California
    I'm curious if u can sue an uninsured driver for the difference that your insurance company couldn't cover? For example my uninsured insurance limit was 3500, but my damages were 10k. Can I sue the uninsured motorist for three difference in small claims court? The uninsured motorist was the son of a car dealership owner. The car dealership had the car registered by the dad. But apparently had not insured the car be4 the son took it on a joy ride and hit my vehicle. Ido like to sue thebowner, driver and dealership for the remainder of 6500.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You can sue the car owner and the driver.

You can sue them in small claims.

Here you go, how its done in your state:
    Small Claims - small_claims_selfhelp
    Read it carefully, and make sure you do it as explained.
    One error, you must start all over.

3. txls

txls Well-Known Member

Normally all vehicles owned by the dealership are automatically insured. If the vehicle belonged to the dealer as an individual then the dealership would not be a party to the suit. Just for fun have you tried calling the dealer or the driver to see if they will take responsibility?