1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Can I sue my school for negligence? Negligence, Other Injury

Discussion in 'Accidents, Injuries, Negligence' started by james118529, Mar 20, 2015.

  1. james118529

    james118529 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    So the about 2 months ago I was in someones room at a Military Academy (Because we live on campus even in high school which I am in) and they decided to pull a knife on me and tie me up. So the next day I reported it to a person we call Chief, because he was a chief in the military, well anyway 2 weeks later and the kid still had a knife, so I reported it to our tac officer, another person in the chain of command, and all they did was take the knife. now about 2 months later the kid is still causing me trouble and threatening me. They haven't even called his parents or mine for that matter. So my question is can me and my parents sue the school for negligence?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If you're not yet an adult (having attained the age of 18), NO, you can't sue anyone.
    You are what the law calls a legal incompetent.
    On the other hand, your parents can sue in your behalf.
    As far as the school failing to contact your parents, I suggest you do so ASAP, son.
    You should ask your parents to visit the school and look into this matter further on your behalf.
    Your solution might not lie in the courts, but your parents will determine what to do after looking into this further!
    In the meantime, I suggest you avoid all violence and self help remedies.
    Self help can get you into some very hot water, and what you think is appropriate might not be so.
    Your best bet is avoid violence and violent people, and walk away when you can.
    Then contact the police, always contact the police (and in YOUR case, YOUR PARENTS), don't be the HERO locked away to rot in prison.

Share This Page