Can I sue for banquet hall ruining my daughter's sweet sixteen

Borlqua2010

Jurisdiction
Florida
I paid the banquet hall for the services for my daughter sweet sixteen and I received terrible service my daughter was picked up late by the limo which was provided by the hall the limo did not have ac which ruined my daughter make up and her friends arrived to the hall all sweaty. Then the entrance my daughter ask for her song to be played and to be announced as well it did not happened I paid for 100 people to be served and not everybody was served and there was a lot of food left over it a lot of thing they offered and did not go the way they promised

I tried calling the owner about all the things that went wrong and she just ignored me and blocked our number just trying to get legal advice on what to do

I would suspect that any amount you might potentially be refunded for lack of service would not be worth the time and effort to pursue.
Your dissatisfaction with the quality of service isn't going to get you anywhere, but if you can show services were contracted and paid for and were not provided then that is potentially something.
This is likely not worth any more than you've already put in to it.

I'd sue for a refund in a heartbeat.

Understand, though, that you have to front the filing and process service fees (until you win) and take time off from work to go to court.

If you are willing to do that and take a chance on winning only a partial refund or even no refund, then it's up to you.

But the answer to the "Can I" question is obviously "yes."

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation so that others may more easily read and understand what you write.

Beyond that, if your only question is "can I sue?" of course you can. Did you really expect that you couldn't? Of course, the ability to sue has no relevance to the chances of suing successfully.

just trying to get legal advice on what to do

Please read the "Legal Disclaimer" at the bottom of every page at this site.

I'm with the moose on this one. Unless there are things you specifically paid for and are detailed in the contract that were not provided, you have no legal recourse. AC can break. Touch up the make-up and move on. I can't tell what happened with the food as you seem to imply both that not everyone was fed and that there was a lot of leftover food.

I paid the banquet hall for the services for my daughter sweet sixteen and I received terrible service my daughter was picked up late by the limo which was provided by the hall the limo did not have ac which ruined my daughter make up and her friends arrived to the hall all sweaty. Then the entrance my daughter ask for her song to be played and to be announced as well it did not happened I paid for 100 people to be served and not everybody was served and there was a lot of food left over it a lot of thing they offered and did not go the way they promised

Yes you, like millions of others, are guaranteed a right to sue anyone who you believe has aggrieved you.

Some people in your position would demand at least $100,000 because of the "pain", "humiliation", and "embarassment" they suffered.

Yes you, like millions of others, are guaranteed a right to sue anyone who you believe has aggrieved you.

Some people in your position would demand at least $100,000 because of the "pain", "humiliation", and "embarassment" they suffered.

That's exactly what happened I had my daughter crying in the restroom. And my wife embarrassed. we had our guest telling how they noticed everything very disorganized it's just horrible .I went today to the court house to pick up the small claims civil suit paper work. So I can file it tomorrow.

If you proceed you need to think reasonably about actual damages and be able to prove those damages.
Gong into court and making the complaint that you were unhappy with the service you received won't get you far. Show a failure to perform according to contract and you might find wiggle room.
You won't likely get your money back in full. At best you might get a portion.

That's exactly what happened I had my daughter crying in the restroom. And my wife embarrassed. we had our guest telling how they noticed everything very disorganized it's just horrible .I went today to the court house to pick up the small claims civil suit paper work. So I can file it tomorrow.

I'm sure your dear, dear daughter was mortified.

No matter, she has a great, generous mommy and daddy.

No money can buy you the love of a child.

Back