Can I sue a High School Track and Field team or no ?

• Thread Starter Deleted member 118209
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 118209

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Can I sue a High School Track and Field team or no because the head coach kicked my son off the team this what my son say to the coach on his school ipad he say hey coach can i still come to the meet today in practice in it or no because i have missed some of the meets and practice because i was sick because i have food poison thats why i was not in school please email me back to let me know than coach say this Michael i need your uniform back. you have missed too much practice and as per my rules that results as a removal from the team . sorry can he do that to my son or no and can I sue the school and team or just team ?

When your son was sick, how many consecutive days did he miss practice?

Was the coach notified each day?

Was the coach told the cause when it was happening?

Was your son seen by a doctor?

Was a doctor's note submitted to the coach?

Did your son miss practice at other times for other reasons?

How many times and for what reasons?

Answer all those questions and maybe there's reason for appealing the coach's decision.

But there is certainly nothing to sue for.

But other kids on my son team quit the same day that they find out my son got kicked of the team .
When your son was sick, how many consecutive days did he miss practice?

Was the coach notified each day?

Was the coach told the cause when it was happening?

Was your son seen by a doctor?

Was a doctor's note submitted to the coach?

Did your son miss practice at other times for other reasons?

How many times and for what reasons?

Answer all those questions and maybe there's reason for appealing the coach's decision.

But there is certainly nothing to sue for.

Yes, the coach can do that, and he has broken no law and no statute. In fact, many sports/group activities have those kinds of rules: miss too many practices and you're off the team/squad/etc.

Sure, you can sue, but anyone can sue anyone for anything just about, no matter if it would be successful or not (more likely NOT successful). o_O

You have nothing.
It is perfectly normal and acceptable for students to be removed from teams when they fail to show for practices or other meetings.
Return the uniform and try out for another team when healthy and able to participate.

Let's say you have the best case in the world.
You take it court, you sue the school district, the school principal, and the coach.
By the time the case was heard, it would probably be sometime in the Fall of 2017.
That would be the first hearing, motions are filed back and forth, and if you're lucky your kid gets reinstated sometime during the summer of 2018.

This is one of life's little enigmas, I call it, "winning can actually be losing".

I am NOT saying you have a case.

I am simply pointing out how dreadfully slow the legal process can be, allowing you to prevail and still lose.

I suggest you use this to counsel your son and teach him that you have to show up, practice, prepare, in order to play.

If you break the rules prepare to receive consequences.

But they did not kicked him of the team when he missed practice when he missed up both of his ankles now they did because he was sick but middle school track team is better than high school track team but that why i am going to sign my son up for Hershey track club team .

You are giving a lot of details that really do not matter.

School teams often have attendance rules and too many absences for any reason will get a student kicked off. Sometimes they will waive absences where the injury was caused by participating in the sport, but often the injured student still comes to practice/games/meets, but sits on the bench to support the team.

it sounds like your son missed multiple meets and practices.

You are giving a lot of details that really do not matter.

School teams often have attendance rules and too many absences for any reason will get a student kicked off. Sometimes they will waive absences where the injury was caused by participating in the sport, but often the injured student still comes to practice/games/meets, but sits on the bench to support the team.

it sounds like your son missed multiple meets and practices.
He did not missed multiple meets because the track and field season have just started for his school but that is ok because he is going to a new track team when he did middle school track in 8th grade the coach did not kicked him of the team because he know about his health because he missed a lots of meets and practice but that is ok because I see there are nice people and bad people in this world .

Having rules and enforcing them doesn't make people bad. Giving in to entitlement doesn't make people good/nice.

Your son isn't going to learn the lesson needed if all those around him are nice and allow him to break the rules with no consequences. I can tell you that future employers aren't going to be any nicer. Rules get harder not easier as one ages.

Having rules and enforcing them doesn't make people bad. Giving in to entitlement doesn't make people good/nice.

Your son isn't going to learn the lesson needed if all those around him are nice and allow him to break the rules with no consequences. I can tell you that future employers aren't going to be any nicer. Rules get harder not easier as one ages.
But he did not break the rules what happen if he want to a meet or a practice and he passed out and he die on the field and will they pay for his stuff no I will have to pay every thing but like I say he is going to play on new rival team now and this story end .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back