Can i obtain legal custody of my niece and nephews

C

Candy

Jurisdiction
Texas
My niece and nephews mother(my brothers ex gf)is living from house to house literally. She had 2 jobs and quit both because she would rather sleep or gamble. The kids living conditions are absolutely horrific. Picture an episode of hoarders. They are in the same diapers and clothes for days at a time,they dont get bathed and they dont eat. I have witnessed her selling her food stamps to buy weave,weed and to gamble on. None of the children even own a pair of.shoes,my.niece even cut her foot.walking around outside with no shoes on unsupervised. The cut is now infected. I even went out and bought shoes which she sold so she can gamble. Every time i see these kids they are always filthy,hungry & with other people. Neglect is truly an understatement. I want to avoid calling cps because i dont want them getting put into the system and or seperated. How can i file for custody of them?

You can't. If conditions are truly as bad as you say, then you call CPS. Otherwise, you are part of the problem.

My niece and nephews mother(my brothers ex gf)is living from house to house literally. She had 2 jobs and quit both because she would rather sleep or gamble. The kids living conditions are absolutely horrific. Picture an episode of hoarders. They are in the same diapers and clothes for days at a time,they dont get bathed and they dont eat. I have witnessed her selling her food stamps to buy weave,weed and to gamble on. None of the children even own a pair of.shoes,my.niece even cut her foot.walking around outside with no shoes on unsupervised. The cut is now infected. I even went out and bought shoes which she sold so she can gamble. Every time i see these kids they are always filthy,hungry & with other people. Neglect is truly an understatement. I want to avoid calling cps because i dont want them getting put into the system and or seperated. How can i file for custody of them?

Call CPS if it's that bad. That's your only option. Where's your brother at? Why isn't he trying to get the kids?

When you call CPS let them know that you are willing and able to take the children. No guarantee, but they are usually stretched thin with available foster families and will often look for family members who can take the children. Get those kids some help right away please.

Back