Assault & Battery can i go to court with my husband on a class c assualt to tell my side

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccalabrease

im concerned about my husband getting a classc assault . we had got into a argument it resulted in me pushing him and him pushing me. the cops came and took him to jail. I don't think its fair he got taken to jail and charged with this when we both was doing it and it resulted in no harm. what can I do?

my husband and I got into a argument and I pushed him and he pushed me then the cops came. they took him to jail and charged him with class c assault. there was no harm done to me. can I go to court with him and tell myside because I don't think it was fair that they took him and not me. I don't want him to b in trouble for something we both did.

my husband and I got into a argument and I pushed him and he pushed me then the cops came. they took him to jail and charged him with class c assault. there was no harm done to me. can I go to court with him and tell myside because I don't think it was fair that they took him and not me. I don't want him to b in trouble for something we both did.

Don't even think about lying.

But, you can work with him and his lawyer (if he has one) to be a witness for his interests.

Beware, what you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Remember, what you say might exonerate him, but incriminate YOU.

Then you could wind up being charged.

IN other words, helping HIM, might end up HURTING YOU.

When dealing with the popo, 50, the man, big bad blue, cops, the law, or the police: someone always gonna get got. If he ain't no more been got, then you might end up getting got.

That said, tell the truth, nothing but the truth, and let the jury decide.

You can certainly go to court and testify you should have been charged with domestic violence also. Be careful, you might get charged with domestic violence. The Federal Gov't gives police agencies bonus money to convict men of DV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back