can I go back to court... Assets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

austex

I divorced my ex wife 4 years ago and she got literally everything including a house and a large property out in the country. All I got was the clothes on my back and alot of her credit card debt that I didnt even know that she had. Anway I knew nothing about the legal system and how things worked. When my lawyer gave me the papers to sign he didnt tell me that if I went to court the judge would make the final decision on the splitting up of assets. I just signed the papers and didnt even show up to court as I assumed she would get it all anyway. Found out that was a BIG mistake on my part. ANyway is there anyway I can go back to court and get the ruling over turned and maybe get something out of the 19 year marriage from hell?Even just my wood work tools would be nice..lol. I am in the state of TX.

Everything is final when it comes to assets once the judge has signed the papers.

Are the credit cards in her name alone or both names? If the cards are in her name alone then she is responsible for the debts no matter what a judge says. The credit card companies say they don't care who a judge orders to pay the debt, it's the person who's name the account is under that is responsible. So if these cards are under her name alone then write the companies with a change of address to her address. If they are under both of your names then there's nothing you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back