Can I get back my money? Urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Problemss

Hi,

I from singapore and i ordered some goods from a person, and we only use email, sms and msn to communicate and we agreed that i paid first and take the stocks later.
But in the end i only get part of the goods and that person agreed to refund me for the remaining goods.
But till now she still haven't refund me, and have disappeared.
I made a police report and go for small claim tribunals, but they say i must have that person's full name and address.

I don't have the address, so what i can do next?

Thank you. Hope can receive the advice asap.

You can't sue without having the information they have asked you for. Even when you get the information, they will need to notify the person before you case can be heard. If they don't find her, there is not much you can do.

But i thought police should have the rights to trace her address by asking the hp service provider or from the bank?

Police need to be investigating a crime before they get involved if they have enough evidence to proceed. You had a civil agreement with her. She has not broken the law technically right now. The cops have no evidence of any crime...........just your word. They don't get involved for such incidents. You have to sue in civil court not criminal.......so cops don't get involved. It is just the way the system works here. They will not search for her for your civil matter. You could try a private investigator………they have good ways to get addresses…..etc. But you must see if it is worth the money she owes………in most cases it is not ……since you are suing in small claims court.

Then there's really no justice in this world.
That person cheated so many people hard-earned money and can escape.

The law only help rich people..So sad..

We all feel so at times........there are many laws on privacy and how and when the cops have enough to go get such people.A few people always take advantage of the system..........They however eventually get caught. Good luck

If the law remain the same, this type of people will never get caught.
There will only more and more victim.

So disappointed with the law and police.. Wasting citizen's money...

You got scammed sadly. Unless it was alot of money like above you would need a private law enforcement party to find this person. In the future never transfer funds without at least paypal or a confirmed money service that has its own claim and gaurentee service.

Good luck

The small claim need relevant document, then i only have sms and email.

How to use sms as relevant document when i submit my form?

Emails and SMS are usually not viewed as credible in court. The court needs evidence to confirm the person who actually opened the email address is the perpetrator of the crime..............Same with SMS. You can try; your judge might be lenient if she does not deny she sent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back